HR & Payroll Specialist Maternity Cover
HR and Payroll Specialist - Up to £30k
We are seeking an HR professional to cover a 12 month FTC maternity role on a full-time interim basis. This is a generalist role with responsibility for payroll and HR operations.
The position reports to the UK HR Business Partner and will be based at our clients Coventry office.
The HR and Payroll Specialist has responsibility for the following areas:
- Supporting the UK HR Business Partner in all aspects of HR support to the business
- Performance management and improvement tracking systems
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and occupational health reporting
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system
- Maintains the HRIS database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management
- Periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy
- Assists in the development and updating of the Human Resources section of the intranet site
- HR, payroll, compensation and benefits administration and record keeping
- Conducting benefit orientations and other benefit training, as needed
- Processes enrolments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs
- Reconciles monthly billing statements against payroll deductions
- The administration and processes of recruiting employees
- Advertises employee job openings first, internally and then, externally, in keeping with company recruitment policies. Manages the logistics of the recruiting process and activities
- Schedules interviews for the hiring manager and UK HR Business Partner. Schedules additional interviews as needed
- Manage the induction and onboarding administration
- Prepares paperwork required for new hires, establishes personnel file adding their details to the HRIS and payroll
- Assists with temporary staffing needs
- Drives and supports the Apprenticeship Programme
- Manages and coordinate work experience placements
- Manages contractual changes promptly, updating the HRIS and payroll
- Processes leavers timely updating the HRIS and payroll
- Assists in the development of HR policies and processes ensuring legal compliance and consistency of implementation
- Gives guidance and administer the company's human resources processes e.g. family friendly, flexible working, retirement, exit interviews, training, etc.
- Collates and validates monthly payroll transactions.
- Takes ownership for the in-house processing of payroll through Sage system
- Timely submission of accurate data to the Sage system within the agreed processing timetable.
- Audit payroll outputs and resolve inaccuracies.
- Supports the annual pay review process, providing data and administration delivery
You will have the following attributes
- Previous HR support and advice experience
- Experience using Sage and processing Payroll
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills and a good telephone manner
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proven ability to prioritise and deliver to challenging deadlines
- Practical first line employee relations experience, including the application of disciplinary and grievance procedures and absence management
- Clean UK driving licence
- CIPD or working towards
- "HR Adviser" "Human Resources" "Payroll"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'