An ideal entry level role for someone wishing to pursue a career within HR.
Role will involve:
- Assisting the HR team with general HR administration.
- Undertaking all payroll and benefits related administration including liaison with our online benefits company (Thomsons) and Payroll service (Dataplan) for the UK staff (2 payrolls).
- HR Administration - assisting the HR team with general administration that may include promotion letters, monitoring probation and producing probation letters, producing references and dealing with general HR queries.
- Payroll Administration - responsible for UK Payroll administration working to published deadlines. This includes collating data for the monthly payroll, submission to the payroll company and ensuring payroll is properly authorized prior to payment
- Manage the leavers’ process by ensuring timely submission of data to payroll. Calculate outstanding holiday entitlement /deduction. Check for unpaid benefits requiring deductions from final pay e.g. outstanding season ticket loans
- Benefits - work with on line benefits provider to ensure providers paid on time and correct deductions made for benefits via payroll; reconcile data as needed
- Respond to, and resolve, payroll and benefit queries in person or by email and assist employees in understanding pay and benefits issues.
- Arrange new hire benefits presentations as needed in conjunction with Thomsons
- P11Ds - preparation and distribution of P11Ds to UK staff; maintain monthly records of taxable benefits via Thomson’s in order to produce P11ds.
- Stock Options - maintain records and spreadsheets of options; ensure the appropriate tax provision is made and reconciled to payroll
- Pensions - reconcile monthly pensions schedule from Dataplan with Thomson’s pension schedule. Ensure data is submitted in a timely fashion to enable pensions contributions to be credited to employees’ accounts within the designated timeframe.
- Produce payroll reports and schedules as required for the Head of HR and produce reports as needed for audit and compliance.
- Other related HR/payroll tasks as required by the Head of HR such as long service awards administration.
Reports to HR Manager
First point of contact for payroll and benefits queries to UK staff as needed
Liaison with external suppliers e.g. HM Revenue and Customs, payroll and benefits providers
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Degree level welcomed as this role can lead onto more complex
Compensation tasks. Needs to be able to demonstrate high level of numeracy and good written English.
Experience:HR/ Payroll knowledge ideal; Experience of managing queries/internal customers and of working to deadlines is essential.
Flexible attitude and a good team player.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with key senior staff. Strong customer focus is key.
Can demonstrate the ability to take ownership of issues; proactive in terms of making improvements to processes.
Ability to prioritise workload and work with the minimum of supervision.
High level of attention to detail, able to work in a neat, methodical fashion, keeping detailed records for audit purposes.
An understanding of, and commitment to, working in a confidential environment and of working to deadlines.
Excel skills - intermediate needed (training will be given to the right candidate)
Good Word skills and keen to learn other programs such as Visio for flowcharts.
- Payroll Services