Role: CIC UK HR Partner
Location: Hursley, Hampshire with travel to other sites as required
Hiring Manager: Anneke Bremner, Head of HR, UK CICs
Salary: up to £50,000 (dependent on experience)
Contract: Full time (40 hours), Permanent
Application Deadline: Friday 23 February 2018
About the CICs
An opportunity has arisen to help the continuing growth of IBM’s UK Client Innovation Centres (CICs). The centres are a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM. We now have approximately 400 UK employees and we plan to grow substantially in 2018 and beyond. The head office, the first CIC in the UK is located in Leicester in the East Midlands. There are also three satellite centres delivering new project activity based in Hursley, Thames Valley and Preston as well as employees focusing on Microsoft capabilities based across the UK.
About the Role
You will report to the Head of HR and be part of a small HR team. The role provides enormous opportunity to help shape HR policies and processes for this rapidly growing part of IBM. Whilst we follow as you might expect the advice and guidance of the wider IBM, we have significant autonomy to develop our own ways of working.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- work with Line Managers across several CIC UK centres to build strong working relationships to support them in addressing people issues and providing sound practical HR advice and guidance across the full employee life cycle including career development, promotions, performance management, sickness and disciplinary issues,
- support the Head of HR to create, maintain and update CIC HR policies and processes as well as ensuring efficient, consistent and fair implementation of those policies and processes,
- lead implementation and ongoing delivery of agreed projects and activities (e.g. Workday),
- provide administrative support; working with broader teams to support employee change requests, transfers, promotion process and updates to employee records etc.,
- prepare ad hoc and monthly HR reports for European Head of HR and Centre Leaders.
We could write here about how we want a flexible, hard-working and driven individual to join our rapidly expanding team, and we do, but we are also looking for more than that. We want someone who will go the extra mile, grab the bull by the horns and shout "I can do this!". We are looking for you to be hungry to grow, to show you think outside the box and will thrive in a friendly and energetic working environment:
What do we look for in a person?
- Resilience to change - because it can and will happen
- Passionate - to make a difference
- Inquisitive - go on, ask a question!
- Team Player - teamwork makes the dream work
- Fun - as it’s a vital part of our innovative culture!
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop their generalist HR skills and expertise as you will help provide comprehensive HR support and advice across all aspects of the employee life cycle. The role will cover more than one centre location and skills capability so the ability to work across different skill areas and different geographical locations of the business will be to your advantage.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in Human Resources. We typically ask for CIPD qualification but if you don’t have this or are currently working towards it then we are still interested in talking to you.
Perks don’t hurt
As the CIC is very much an employee focussed environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us!
We also offer 25 days annual holiday as well as UK bank holidays, a pension scheme, paid sick leave, online rewards and a cycle to work scheme.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Anneke Bremner by Friday 23 February 2018