Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Human Resources Operations Manager to lead the operational HR team. You will provide expert guidance on employee relations, act as an escalation point for the team and manage processes within agreed timescales. In addition, you will ensure all operational activity is managed effectively and minimises the risk of legal and financial implications. You will need to have Chartered CIPD membership and proven management experience to be considered for this role.
- A significant level of experience of leading HR teams to deliver effective employee relations and a HR administration service. The team includes two Senior Business Partners as direct reports.
- Experience of working with senior leaders, unions and line managers to provide pro-active and accurate HR advice.
- Evidence of commercial & organisational awareness with the ability to provide effective HR advice within this context. To successfully support and manage complex employment cases that are compliant in law, minimise risk and litigation claims, with a sound knowledge and practical application of employment and discrimination law up to and including Employment Tribunals.
- The ability to provide analysis, decisions, judgement and advice that is pragmatic, legally compliant and appropriate.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills, both orally and in writing to minimise risk.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using HR data to monitor, analyse and report key workforce data. It is important to collaborate with the People Data and Systems Advisor to translate the data into valuable management information that not only identifies trends and business implications but also recommends strategies and interventions that lead to improvement and recognises success.
- To be curious and innovative and actively review root cause analysis of employment cases.
- The ability to demonstrate how to resolve conflict and handle delicate negotiations with leaders, employees, trade unions and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring the Single Central Record is up to date and any risks are reported to the Head of People Services. To be the lead signatory for DBS but with the ability to delegate to designated colleagues to complete the checks.
- To actively contribute to the wider People Services team, be an effective team player and support the vision and implementation of the People Strategy.
- Ability to think laterally and to adapt to changing situations in a professional, measured and flexible manner. To be able to adapt advice and guidance according to the context.
- To improve HR knowledge within the team by providing guidance, coaching, training and best practice to actively enhance the skills and confidence of colleagues.
- To work effectively with other departments to demonstrate an understanding of differing needs, not a one size fits all approach and to build good working relationships.
- To harness good industrial relations with union representatives, including engaging in informal resolutions wherever possible, seeking ways to address concerns and provide early intervention to reduce the number of formal cases.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.