Our client has a great opportunity to join them as a HR officer, working 3 full days a week and based from their Birmingham office.
As HR Officer your role will be to support the day to day operational delivery of a high-quality HR central function by providing comprehensive, confidential, effective support to the business and contributing to the long-term development of the HR function.
Our client is a membership organisation and the UK’s leading trade body focused in the Manufacturing and Engineering Sector. They work with a broad range of businesses, including world class blue-chip organisations.
- Attendance at disciplinary/performance and capability/grievance and consultation meetings (up to and including Stage 2 of policies and procedures)
- Attendance at absence review meetings, under the direction of the HR Management.
- Undertake timely and independent investigations, providing recommendation in line with employment law/best practice.
- Undertake specific projects as directed by HR Management.
- Undertaking welfare calls to employees as and when required.
- Production and amendment of standard letters for capability/disciplinary review meetings, ensuring that support documentation is available for case review.
- To be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and on-going review of HR related employment policies, ensuring all are in line with researched best practice.
- Production of letters to obtain consent and request medical reports thereafter and the creation of case files.
- Dealing with enquiries via telephone and email.
- Liaising with payroll - managing monthly payroll submission (when required to support team).
- Creation of job descriptions to support the business.
- Creation of interview assessment forms as required and ensuring that best practice is followed with regards to interview panels/structure.
- Support at interviews (both face to face and via Lync).
- The post holder will be expected to provide cover as required in relation to offers of employment, standard letters, employee leaver process, absence line management and payroll/pension input to ensure the smooth running of the function.
- To undertake any other duties as requested.
The skills & experience we are looking for:
- Employment Law knowledge and practical experience gained within a similar environment
- CIPD qualified
- Excellent skills gained in a similar role
- Experience of reviewing HR policies and recommend changes or rewrite in line with current employment law
- Proficient in IT with Excel, Outlook and Word to intermediate level
- Knowledge of computerised HR/payroll system gained in a previous role
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business and cover other team members as directed by the HR Central Services Manager and HR Manager.
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle, able to travel occasionally to other offices/locations (with a mileage allowance)
Benefits & additional information:
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Pension with up to 8% matched contribution
- 26 days’ annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Free parking on site
- Employment Law
- Performance Management
- ER issues
- HR Policies