Our global client based in Hoddesdon is looking to recruit for a HR Officer to join the team onsite. This is initially a 6 month contract and the hours are Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. The position is offering a hourly rate of £15.00 - £24.00 per hour depending on experience and contract type (PAYE or LTD).
In this role you will provide effective day-to-day HR support for clients focused on variety of topics, for example, engagement & culture change, talent development, succession planning, performance management, retention, compensation/rewards, and organisational design. There will also be some HR project work. A key element of the role will be supporting the development of line managers' knowledge, skills and leadership effectiveness through coaching.
The client group will include line leaders and their teams working out of the UK Head Office Site and field based teams.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to both appreciate the business needs while reinforcing the HR model and way of working through your actions and guidance, holding high values of ethics and integrity at all times. Through the guidance you provide and facilitation of robust, integrated people management strategies, our aim is for enhanced business performance and for HR to be seen as a trusted partner.
As a key member of the UK HR team this role will require you to work collaboratively to understand the broader UK business challenges, to support other team members where necessary and to work with colleagues to implement global/local HR initiatives within the UK organisation. You will also need to quickly foster partnerships across the HR community, for example with Centres of Expertise (e.g. Compensation & Benefits, Recruitment & Staffing) in order to address client requirements and manage client expectations regarding HR service delivery.
Primary activities/ responsibilities:
- Works with business leaders to champion a high performance culture and to create an environment of trust, dignity and respect, where behaviors are aligned to the Company values.
- Supports organisational change projects and their associated people implications.
- Develop business understanding with an ability to link global and UK HR strategic goals to site/departmental business strategy.
- Work with client leaders to support delivery of their people strategy.
- Develop HR practices that act as strategic differentiators.
- Facilitate talent management and succession planning across the UK Head Office organisation aligned to global processes.
- Good project management skills.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar or HRBP role (or equivalent), or ability to demonstrate capability at this level.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment (manufacturing, research & development, commercial functions, support functions).
- CIPD qualification.
Expected Skill Set:
- Experience of delivering high performance through consulting & coaching.
- Solid understanding of Employment Law.
- Experience in handling complex employee relations issues.
- Effective communicator with the ability to influence outcomes with stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects and initiatives through to successful delivery.
- Stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, corporate colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build trusted partnerships and to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Talent Management