We are recruiting for an exciting and rewarding HR & OD Manager working for a leading British Charity based in East London.
You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the HR & OD function and ensuring it is delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
The role is full time and offers a competitive remuneration package which includes: salary of £45-48k per annum, 30 days holiday (plus bank holiday), flexible working and travel and tenancy deposit loan.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Oversee the day-today operations of the HR & OD function and associated people related activity, ensuring it is delivered in an efficient and effective manner
* Support the Director of People and OD with the development of our talent, building organisational management capability and identifying ways of working that optimise people performance, productivity and motivation relevant to the organisation’s size, current capability, strategy and operating environment
* Guide and coach managers on employee relations and HR issues in line with policies and best practice and in so doing equip managers with the tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people including on disciplinary, grievance, performance, redundancy and absence management matters
* Provide expert advice and guidance on any change initiatives relating to organisational, team and job design, securing productivity gains and operational efficiencies wherever possible
* Implement employee policies and operating practices in line with legislation / best practice, making recommendations for changes as appropriate
* Develop recruitment routes so that shortlists of high calibre applicants for managers are developed economically, maximising the charity’s employer brand
* Keep up to date with developments of systems in the wider marketplace and make recommendations as appropriate to ensure that technology is used to maximum advantage, improving our customer experience and reducing transaction costs
The successful candidate must be ideally atleast CIPD qualified and have up to date knowledge of current UK employment law and best practice HR.
If you would like to hear more information please submit an application and one of our consultants will be in touch should your experience be suitable.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in regards to this vacancy.
- Employee Relations
- Human Resources
- HR Policies
- Organisational Leadership
- UK Employment Law