A truly generalist role within a proven engineering/manufacturing organisation. Reporting to the site MD, you will implement and maintain human resource systems, policies and strategies which enable the organisation to optimise its business performance.
A well established engineering/manufacturing organisation based in Cirencester.
As the HR Manager your responsibilities will include:
HR Procedures & Strategy:
- Assist subsidiary Director to develop, communicate and implement a comprehensive HR strategy aligned to the business objectives.
- Ensure that all HR policies conform to the UK's employment law requirements.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Prepare staff handbooks, ensure policies are legal and up to date.
- Ensure HR process in line with ISO9001:2015.
- Provide professional HR advice, support and training to the management team and employees.
- Work closely with all department managers, to understand and implement their specific business needs, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement policies on issues including: working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, and absence management.
- Ensure consistency in approach and communication across the business on all HR related issues.
- Ensure all disciplinary action falls in line with company policy and UK employment legislation.
- Provide support and guidance on grievances issues and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Prepare tribunal responses where appropriate.
- Develop with line-managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
Learning & Development:
- Challenge and support Line Managers to ensure high standards of people management and encourage continual staff development.
- Design and deliver HR specific modules to management and support level staff.
- Assist senior stakeholders in the development of training and development plans appropriate to business needs.
- With support from HQ and or external training providers, plan annual costed training programs highlighting. benefit to business.
- Communicate training opportunities to business managers and where appropriate, specific employees.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Use of social media platforms to attract suitable applicants.
- Conduct job evaluations.
- Coordinate the appointment process for successful applicants.
- Select and negotiate terms with recruitment agencies.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of employment with staff.
- Prepare and store employment contracts.
- Provide advice and play a major role in work reviews and change processes.
- With support from HQ advise management team on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Undertake regular salary / benefits reviews.
- Developing and maintain job descriptions.
- Coordinate induction programs for all new employees with line managers.
- Manage employee exit from business (recovery of company assets, cars, documents etc.)
- Managing payroll information.
- Manage company life insurance and income protection policies for employees.
- Maintain company pension schemes.
- Administer Company Health Insurance plan.
- Managing company vehicle fleet.
- Manage HR Budgets (recruitment, training, legal etc.)
- Manage Long Service Awards
As the successful HR manager you will have:
- At least 5 year's experience within a generalist HR role.
- A Human Resources Degree or CIPD qualification (Level 5 at a minimum).
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft applications.
The successful HR Manager will receive:
- A competitive basic salary between £35,000 - £40,000.
- Private medical insurance.
- Income protection.
- Up to 6% company matched pension contribution.
- HR Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'