Diamond Search Recruitment are delighted to be exclusively representing our client, well established, experts in their field, providing valuable services and support to their customers. A local employer, with a sizeable workforce and part of a larger group of companies, with locations overseas. Recruiting for an HR Manager, reporting into the Managing Director, this is a key role within the business.
- Salary: circa £35-40K DOE
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Non-contractual discretionary quarterly bonus
This role would suit either an experienced HR Manager, or a driven, Senior HR Advisor looking for that next step up!
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, day shift 40 hours a week, however, the nature of the position is that you will be expected to work such hours as are necessary in order to fully carry out your duties
To lead and direct the HR team to enable them to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business. The HR Manager proactively advises on best practice HR and where necessary takes a hands-on role in dealing with case work.
- Resourcing and Recruitment: Provide support from first day to exit of employee
- Regulations & Employment Law: Providing guidance and support on HR activities including policies, procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, performance management. Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance factors. Develop, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure fair and consistent management of staff and ensure staff handbook is up to date. Ensure contracts of employment are kept up to date. Monitor and review the systems of performance appraisals
- Learning & Development: Follow up individual needs and source external training provisions. Manage relationship with current training partners. Administer evaluation of all learners for performance reviews. Maintain training records for all staff. Oversee training of new recruits.
- Payroll, Salary & Benefits: Researching salaries, ensuring they are in line with legal requirements and industry standards. Pay increases and managing quarterly bonuses.
- TUPE & Redundancy: Management from announcements, to statements of measure, consultation meetings with affected employees and dismissal announcements.
- Employee Contracts & Handbook updates
- Disciplinary & Grievance procedures: From investigation to outcome process
- Other: Manage sickness and absence levels, providing weekly reports; represent HR in various internal groups and committees; Providing counselling facilities; Working closely with employment law firms and trade unions; Implement HR systems and develop where necessary; Manage health issues and medical referral; Manage personnel information held and ensure confidentiality; Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement; Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
The ideal candidate:
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or Senior HR Advisor
- CIPD qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomatic and with strong negotiation skills
- Tact and ability to deal with difficult situations
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
- Awareness of and experience in data handling, data integrity and data security
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of HR systems
- Ability to create HR communications appropriate for the audience
- Experience of working in multi-cultural, multi-national environment.
- Experience in change management
- Change driver rather than someone who just wants to go with the flow
- Experience in personnel development
- A 5-star communicator who can liaise well at all levels.
- Challenge driven person, spontaneous, focused
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this vacancy.
- CIPD qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"