Brewster Pratap are delighted to be working with an independent school based in Settle. They require a proactive HR manager who is able to build effective relationships across the school whilst managing all HR related activity.
This is a full-time role and as a manager position will require some flexibility to deal with peaks in demand. Reporting to the Bursar and Headmaster, you will provide an advisory and proactive role in the strategic management of all HR related activity at the school.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain effective operating procedures for the ensuring the Safeguarding of Children in the recruitment of staff employed by the school, including carrying out DBS and other checks and maintaining the Single Central Register.
- Managing the recruitment process of new staff. Preparing effective recruitment materials including job descriptions, person specifications, advertisement and information packs for candidates.
- Manage the induction process for new staff.
- Maintain up to date personnel records in accordance with statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide support and advice on all employee relation issues across teaching and non-teaching staff.
- To provide support and advice in managing the professional development of all employees.
- To advise on strategies to support the retention and well-being of employees.
- To track and manage staff absence, including management of the administrative support for absent teaching staff. To provide good absence management control, including return to work interviews and occupational health assessments.
- Undertake and lead project work when required such as remuneration reviews and restructuring.
This role would suit an experienced HR generalist who is able to adapt their approach across the organisation. You will have strong, up to date employment law knowledge with excellent communication skills.
- Salary circa £35,000 plus pension
- 25 days holiday
- Free lunch during term time
- Full time, 35 hours per week.
Brewster Pratap Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information.
- HR advisor
- Hr Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"