This business is a well-known organisation but you probably would not have seen roles advertised often as the staff turn round is so low! The culture is amazing and once in most people stay for a very long time!
The role is a standalone HR role that works closely with the payroll manager and looks after 140 employees. This is a real generalist role, meaning not only are you exposed to all aspects of HR but no two days are the same. As you are standalone one minute you could be dealing with a complex disciplinary and the next you could be making a stationary order. My client is looking for a real self-sufficient HR manager who is not scared to get involved with every aspect of the job.
• Minimum of 5 years’ HR generalist experience
• Proven success in developing and implementing HR strategies and procedures
• Exceptional employment law knowledge
• Payroll background/experience
• Good relationship builder
• Able to work on own initiative
• Be a proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
• Manage complex employee relations, including disciplinary, grievance, absence, retirement and redundancy
• Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
• Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice with them
• Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes
• Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies
• Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
This role offers a salary of up to £37k based on experience and great benefits. We are aiming for a start date of June 1st and there will be two stages to the interview process. So I will be beginning to compile a short list to send over to my client by the end of this week, so if interested please do not hesitate to contact me/apply.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job