Interim HR Manager
Hours: 40 per week (or 4 days / 0.8 wte may be possible)
Closing date: noon Wednesday 18th April
When snow hit the South West just a few weeks ago, you'd be forgiven for dialling up the central heating, reaching for a blanket or two and shutting out the cold.
But as temperatures in Bath dipped below zero and the bitter wind swept in, the team in their Manvers Street hostel had other things on their mind. Providing emergency shelter for every rough sleeper in the city was their only priority.
It's this commitment to helping the most marginalised in society, that makes our client the charity that it is today. Whether it be homelessness, mental health problems, substance abuse or a combination of them all, their passionate team provide support around the clock to those most in need.
As the Interim HR Manager for our client, your goal is to ensure their staff team and managers have the most positive working experience they can. It's a highly visible role in their charity. Your success will help their team focus their work on changing the lives of their clients.
Your appointment is eagerly anticipated. Their current HR Manager is due to temporarily leave them on adoption leave. In her absence you're going to be their go-to person for all people-related matters. Day to day this means:
- Building the skills and knowledge of their staff team through effective management of their training function;
- Guiding their team of HR & Training Administrators so they are confident in the support they provide to their managers and colleagues;
- Advising managers on employee relations, TUPE, training and recruitment issues;
- Delivering reports on key HR and people-related metrics;
- Supporting their team on the people matters in relation to incoming GDPR legislation.
At 140 staff they are proud to be exceeding even their own expectations. Take 2017 for instance. Never did they think they would expand into Devon, let alone deliver projects in Basingstoke or Dorset. But they did. Their good work is getting noticed. They are earning the trust of their clients and building a name for our client in the process.
Not everyone can be their interim HR Manager. So if you're going to spend time applying, let's make sure you have what it takes. You're going to need:
- Experience: broad generalist HR advisory experience including recruitment, employee relations and training;
- Skills: highly organised and excellent administration skills; strong empathy with their staff team and clients.
So how about it? Can you see yourself as their Interim HR Manager?
If so, please apply today.