My Client is looking for an HR Manager to join their team in one of the Cambridge departments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Strategic Management:
• Providing expert HR advice and lending specialist HR interventions,
• To work in partnership with the Senior Management Team and line managers to establish and implement HR strategies and plans,
• To facilitate the annual planning process for the department,
• To ensure that all HR processes and procedures conform to organisation’s guidelines, UK employment law and best practice at all times.
- Employee Relations and Advice:
• To be the main point of contact for employee welfare issues,
• To be the main point of contact for all managers with regard to giving direction, advice and support on a complete range of HR matters including specific individual casework, terms and conditions and relevant employment law,
• To support and advise on complex probation and performance management meetings,
• To manage a caseload of complex HR work, providing HR advice and support to managers and employees on the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement a recruitment and hiring plan,
• To ensure that recruitment and appointment decisions are aligned with current and future strategic aims and objectives of the department and the organisation,
• Regular review departmental recruitment requirements against current and future vacancies,
• To provide dedicated support to all managers on recruitment and selection procedures and regulations, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation,
• Financial management of costs associated with recruitment matters.
- Line Management:
• To lead and manage the HR Services team to ensure the delivery of a responsive and professional HR service,
• To provide positive leadership and direction to direct reports, ensuring an open and supportive working relationship that encourages team working.
- Staff Induction, Training and Development:
• Using completed Staff Review and Development forms conduct training needs analysis and align desired staff requirements with strategic plan,
• Liaise with the Personal and Professional Development Manager to identify long term learning needs,
• Design, develop and deliver HR training/development initiatives, providing training to groups of managers and supporting others delivering training through the provision of advice on technical HR aspects of course content as required.
- Projects, policies and procedures:
• Routinely review HR policies and processes to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness,
• Manage the annual Staff Review and Development Scheme,
• To be responsible for ensuring the updating and effective use of all HR systems, databases and processes for workforce data storage and retrieval, analysis and reporting.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to a degree level standard or equivalent,
- Fully CIPD qualified,
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of employment law,
- Ability to create and implement appropriate and effective HR strategies in complex environment,
- Experience of line management and working professionally in an operational HR role.
Apply now for more information.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job