Job Title: HR Manager
Salary: £33,771 per annum
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Our client is an expanding multi-academy trust with both primary and secondary schools in Norfolk and Suffolk. The HR operation that supports these schools is based at a college.
The HR Manager will be responsible to the Director of HR for the delivery of an outstanding HR generalist service to our client's staff; this will include managing their own casework and supporting the team with business planning and organisational development. This role includes giving employment law/employee relations advice, training and development (delivery and planning), recruitment, and under the direction of the HR Director support to the core operational HR and Payroll Team.
HR Manager Job Specification
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post-holder will have access to and be responsible for confidential information and documentation. He/She must ensure confidential or sensitive material is handled appropriately and accurately.
The post-holder shall participate in the Trust's programme of Performance Management and Continuing Professional Development.
- Assist the HR Director with complex casework
- Take the lead on HR projects including the management of reorganisation and restructuring
- Contribute to the professional development of the HR and Payroll Team
- Provide support to line managers during periods of consultation
- Give advice and support where appropriate to the Employee Relations Advisor
- Assist in the design and development of the Trust's performance management system and assist in talent management strategies
- Support the HR and Payroll Teamleader in the delivery of all aspects of the employee lifecycle, being actively involved in onboarding and staff development when required
- Design and deliver corporate induction and deliver training and development and CPD to all Trust staff
- Develop the procedures and protocols for staff probationary periods and monitor to ensure
- Represent HR on the Wellbeing focus group
- Periodically review HR Policies and Procedures, make recommendations and draft new policies as required in line with best practice and employment law
- In conjunction with the HR Director set up planned programme of school visits and meet with Headteachers to review service and delivery
- Support the implementation of the MIS system "iTrent" and work with the project lead to test and develop the syste
- To attend employment law updates as required and share understanding with other HR colleagues and leaders across the Trust
- Mentor and coach the core HR and Payroll Team
- Be a member of the CIPD (or hold equivalent HR qualification or relevant experience)
- Have demonstrable understanding of HR processes and procedures, including, onboarding, TUPE, performance management, learning and development and policy development
- Have proven organisational skills, able to prioritise, problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Possess sound employment law knowledge and have experience in managing complex casework
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be highly proficient in IT
- Possess excellent attention to detail and have confidence in preparing and producing reports and information
- Be confident in developing and delivering in house training
- Have experience using HR management information systems
- Have experience in managing and implementing change
- Possess a team orientated mindset
- Have a flexible approach and imaginative in developing new ideas and resources
- Hold previous knowledge of job evaluation and reward (desirable)
- Have knowledge of vetting and barring (safeguarding) procedures within educational setting (desirable)
- Knowledge of payroll processing and pensions administration (desirable)
- Previous experience in the education sector (desirable)
For more information regarding requirements for this position, please view the attached job specification.
How to Apply:
To apply for our client's HR Manager vacancy, please click apply and upload your most up to date CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job