We are currently recruiting for a HR Manager for an organisation that owns and runs a number of special schools throughout London and EssexObjectives of Post:
As amember of the Management Team to be responsible for ensuring that the HR support services are provided in the most effective and efficient way to enable other Managers to focus on their key areas. Key areas of responsibility include strategic budget/resource planning, employee relations, recruitment and managing operational HR activities.
- To contribute to the strategic business planning and development of the Company.
- To manage the HR team effectively
- To work to develop business and financial strategies and to take a lead in performance monitoring within the Company by developing and implementing performance monitoring systems, KPI’s implementation and delivery monitoring.
- To liaise with other Managers over clarity of roles and tasks when required, setting standards, supervising where agreed, ensuring the HR department is well organised and resourced; efficiently meeting the needs of the Schools and Central Services.
- To provide strategic monthly reports
- To provide line management and a strategic overview of the HR processes within the Company with the support of the other HR Advisors.
- Ensure the maintenance of databases containing comprehensive personnel information.
- Ensure that efficient, effective and robust recruitment processes meeting regulatory and Company standards are in place and adhered to, including participation in the selection process for staff when required.
- Advise and manage very complex ER matters relating to staff, ensuring the Company processes are followed.
- Manage the development, implementation and review of HR policies and procedures and systems, in line with statutory legislative and Company guidelines.
- Manage the HR training advisor and contribute towards the company’s training and development strategy for all staff, ensuring an annual plan is developed.
- To manage and oversee that job descriptions, person specifications and advertisements for vacant posts are produced as required.
- To manage the provision of induction and ensure that they are carried out by all schools and Central Services as required.
- To manage payroll and ensure it is dealt with correctly and within regulatory guidelines
- To oversee the operation of quality mark of ISO 9001
- Understand the effects and implications of government legislation and regulation and work with the SMT to develop strategies accommodating new initiatives and trends.
- Implement a disaster recovery plan and related contingency planning to reduce the impact of any significant event on the company and its schools.
- To maintain and review the relationship with the external legal and HR advice providers
- To maintain a commitment to attend regular personal supervision meetings on a half-termly basis and to utilize supervision to reflect on and strive to enhance your personal and professional development and working practice.
- To maintain a commitment to hold regular personal supervision meetings on a half termly basis with own reports and to utilize their supervision to reflect on and strive to enhance their personal and professional development and working practice.
- To promote the company, its philosophy and ethos at all times by establishing and maintaining the highest standards of practice.
It is the nature of the work at TC Education Services that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. There is an expectation therefore that staff may be expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises, when tasks that have not been specifically covered in their Job Description have to be undertaken. f.
You will be expected to travel to each of the school sites on a regular basis.
You should maintain good personal and professional boundaries and conduct with your work colleagues, external agencies, and the pupils with whom the Company works.
You should respect and maintain the confidentiality of all pupils and staff, both verbally and in written form, in line with the current legislation and guidelines, including appropriate confidentiality around the business interests of the Company.
This company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all candidates will be asked to provide full references that must be satisfactory to TCES and the successful candidate will be required to pass an Enhanced DBS check.
- HR Policies
- Strategic Business
- Line Management