An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Manager to lead the way on HR strategy (and to oversee the operations) for a fast-paced and dynamic educational provider (sites across London and South East) ensuring the HR support services are provided in the most effective and efficient way to enable other Managers to focus on their key areas.
Reporting directly into the Business Director and having a Senior HR Advisor and two HR Advisors reporting into you, the key areas of responsibility include strategic budget/resource planning, employee relations, recruitment and managing operational HR activities.
Candidates must have experience within a schools or social care HR role at a senior level and ideally are used to building out a proactive HR support function and promoting this to end-users.
Main Responsibilities for the HR Manager
- Contribute to the strategic business planning and development of the Company.
- Manage the HR team effectively
- Work to develop business and financial strategies and to take a lead in performance monitoring within the Company by developing and implementing performance monitoring systems, KPI’s implementation and delivery monitoring.
- Liaise with other Managers over clarity of roles and tasks when required, setting standards, supervising where agreed, ensuring the HR department is well organised and resourced; efficiently meeting the needs of the Schools and Central Services.
- Provide strategic monthly reports
- To provide line management and a strategic overview of the HR processes within the Company with the support of the other HR Advisors
- Ensure that efficient, effective and robust recruitment processes meeting regulatory and Company standards are in place and adhered to, including participation in the selection process for staff when required.
- Advise and manage very complex ER matters relating to staff, ensuring the Company processes are followed.
- Manage the development, implementation and review of HR policies and procedures and systems, in line with statutory legislative and Company guidelines.
- Manage the HR training advisor and contribute towards the company’s training and development strategy for all staff, ensuring an annual plan is developed.
- To manage the provision of induction and ensure that they are carried out by all schools and Central Services as required.
- To oversee payroll and ensure it is dealt with correctly and within regulatory guidelines
- To oversee the operation of quality mark of ISO 9001
- Understand the effects and implications of government legislation and regulation and work with the SMT to develop strategies accommodating new initiatives and trends.
- Implement a disaster recovery plan and related contingency planning to reduce the impact of any significant event on the company and its schools.
- To maintain and review the relationship with the external legal and HR advice providers
- To maintain a commitment to attend regular personal supervision meetings on a half-termly basis and to utilize supervision to reflect on and strive to enhance your personal and professional development and working practice.
- To maintain a commitment to hold regular personal supervision meetings on a half termly basis with own reports and to utilize their supervision to reflect on and strive to enhance their personal and professional development and working practice.
- To promote the company, its philosophy and ethos at all times by establishing and maintaining the highest standards of practice.
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Chartered CIPD (MCIPD) Qualified (minimum)
- Previous experience at HR Manager within either a school or social care environment
- Experience of putting together and executing a strategic HR plan
- Strong project management experience, including specific experience of service development, managing and developing staff, budget management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with complex ER issues of often a sensitive nature
- Resilient and able to build and develop a function, promoting HR and the value to the business.
- Completer Finisher approach.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline orientated environment, with regular audits i.e Ofted, ISO etc.
- Experience of working in an SME business, ideally multi-site
- Some knowledge of payroll would be useful
- Experience of ISO9001
- Experience of Ofsted and Safe Guarding
- Experience of developing an HR function and training a new HR team
Please note that occasional travel will be expected to client sites across London and the South East.
When applying please outline your skills and experience and how they match. Please also outline your salary expectations and notice.
Please note that Clearcut Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency.
Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, it is unfortunate that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. We will try to contact all suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time then, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Social Care
- Strategic HR
- human resources
- schools personnel