Are you an experienced HR manager looking for a new opportunity within the Education sector? Our client is looking for an HR Manager to join their team as soon as possible. This is a temp to perm role on a part-time basis working 2 and half days a week.
Who you will be working for
Our client is a voluntary aided secondary school for boys aged 11-18, situated in the London Borough of Islington.
West London; with great places to eat and drink it's an ideal location to work in.
What you will be doing?
The successful candidate would need to take 'hands on approach' to the development and delivery of people management strategies and functions which support the School's overall strategic aims and objectives and fulfils the day to day HR operations. This will include;
- Identify the School staffing needs and manage the recruitment of new staff
- To put systems and support in place to ensure the highest standards of job design
- Manage the interview cycle and process and monitor safer recruitment practices
- To take responsibility for maintaining the School's Single Central Record and personnel files
- To put systems and processes in place to ensure that initial contract documents for employees are prepared and updated.
- Responsible for ensuring all new staff receive induction in relation to HR matters
- To ensure that the recruitment process is run fairly, efficiently and in line with the equal opportunities policies
- Personnel record/payroll
- To interpret and advise on all legislation pertaining to staffing
- To be responsible for maintenance of up-to-date accurate personnel records
- To manage computer personnel software for all school purposes.
- To oversee and monitor sickness absence / leave of absence arrangements and procedures
- To arrange staff disciplinary and investigatory meetings
- Attend and take minutes in meetings
- To oversee the development and periodic review of the School's employment policies
- Implement changes to pay from statutory, national or local pay agreements.
- To complete the monthly payroll returns including notification of all contractual changes
- To provide advice and guidance on employment-related queries for all staff
- To take part in setting the School's budget by providing accurate information relating to staffing.
- To provide training and advice for senior leadership group and line managers
- To provide regular reports to the Governing Body on HR matters
- To promote the welfare and safety of students and to comply with the School's requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- To undertake such additional duties or projects as the Head teacher or line manager may determine from time to time, after consultation with the post holder
- To deal with any other HR related matters including annual leave schedule for support staff.
- Previous HR management and generalist experience
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Highly computer literate, e.g. Microsoft Office Suit
- Able to work independently as well as a team player
- An HR qualification is useful but not essential
- UK Employment Law and regulations experience
- A motivated driven approach
- Degree level or equivalent experience.
What's in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a reputable company and gain further experience. The role is a temp to permanent position. This is a temp to perm role on a part-time basis working 2 and half days a week; with a competitive salary of £40,000 per annum (pro rata).
How to apply?
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Not ready to apply or have some questions first?
Call or email me, Fatma Yaman at Gordon Yates, to discuss in confidence.