About the Company: Due to continual success our client is a Chartered Accountants, based in Derby who are looking for a HR Manager to cover an overall headcount of around 80 employees and partners.
Key Responsibilities: To manage and deliver the full HR function within the Company.
- Undertake the full recruitment process for the business. Make selection for all administrative and all technical /professional staff.
- Oversee the induction for all new personnel and ensure they receive relevant training and deliver induction training as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the annual appraisal process.
- Prepare monthly payroll for the business and undertake annual year end procedure.
- Provide salary information to the partners for the annual pay review as required.
- Liaise with staff over salary matters and appraise staff of salary reviews, as requested by the Partners.
- Liaise with the Partner responsible for HR & Training on all training and ensure all training needs are met throughout the business.
- Ensure the relevant training/CPD training/webinars are provided to relevant personnel.
- Select CPD training for all qualified personnel and identify training requirements and deliver all in- house training as appropriate to non- technical staff.
- Ensure all CPD records are maintained and up-to-date.
- Monitor the completion of Job Review Forms for each accountancy personnel, in-training.
- Liaise with Training Manager on training programme for all trainee accountants.
- Liaise with ICAEW/ACCA and/or Kaplan re training and development of the students training.
- Manage health, safety and staff welfare for the business; including interpreting and implementing H&S legislation and Fire Regulations.
- Oversee all staff matters, such as holidays, sickness, absence, maternity/paternity leave and staff counselling.
- Deal with all aspects of disciplinary and dismissal situations.
- Ensure company is fully compliant with Employment Law and associated regulations.
- Prepare monthly HR Partners meeting report.
- Manage all staff welfare matters.
- Oversee the flexitime system and the Timeware system, working with the IT team and Financial Officer.
- Provide HR/Employment Law support to the Payroll Team for clients.
- To keep up to date on all developmental initiatives within the Company.
- Prepare monthly statistics and analysis as requested by the Partners. This includes chargeable time analysis for all staff and overtime statistics for the Partners, as requested.
- CIPD Level 5 or higher
- Minimum of 3 years 'hands-on' work experience in HR.
- HR generalist, having experience in all areas of HR and as a generalist and be familiar with handling disciplinaries.
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of UK employment law.
- Good working knowledge of H & S issues in the workplace.
- Have a good network of contacts for all aspects of HR and be able to liaise with any organisation on behalf of the Company.
- Excellent IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to present reports to Board/Partner level.
- Able to deliver training to relevant groups.
What's in it for you? This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday 35 hours per week. The salary with be £35,000 + P/A depending on experience.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job