Our client a highly regarded UK law firm has an opportunity for a HR Manager to join their team.
Working within a team of four in HR, you will be responsible for providing a proactive, client focused and effective generalist HR service to all partners and staff in all offices to ensure that high calibre staff are recruited and retained.
The successful candidate will report directly to the HR Director with responsibility for the following:
- Providing proactive and business focussed advice to line managers and employees on day to day HR issues.
- Develop, implement and review best practice policies and procedures which support business objectives and reflect current legislation.
- Advise on and manage the annual appraisal process, coaching line managers and championing best practice.
- Recruitment of fee earners and support staff, including recommending recruitment methods, liaison with agencies, testing and interviewing.
- Resource planning and retention.
- Advising Department Heads and line managers on employee relations issues, e.g. performance issues, flexible working applications, disciplinaries and grievance.
- Managing absence, including analysis of trends and liaison with OH and PHI providers.
- Ensuring effective and relevant communications with staff are in place and utilised fully.
- Inductions, exit interviews and analysis of trends.
- Collection and analysis of information for salary and bonus review.
- Management and administration of the Firms benefits including the Private Medical scheme, Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to Work etc.
- Work with HRD to ensure that we provide a competitive benefits package and validate and launch new benefits.
- Completing the benefit renewal process, ensuring that the benefits are priced competitively, the necessary employee and partner information is correct and provided in a timely manner and that all paperwork and invoices received are correct.
- Liaison with relevant providers and brokers.
- Answering general benefit queries.
- HR contact for Apprenticeship programme. Further develop this programme liaising internally and externally.
- Oversee the onboarding process and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with and monitor updates and changes to all relevant regulations relating to HR and Training.
- Provision of financial/management reporting to firm's management and business areas.
- Provision of budgetary information for HR department and manage budget for allocated areas.
- Project work including launching new initiatives.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties required for successful performance of the role.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPD qualified preferred.
- Proven experience as a HR Advisor in a professional services or financial services organisation.
- A thorough understanding of current employment law and HR policies and how to apply these in the workplace.
- Track record of developing and implementing HR initiatives which have contributed to achieving business objectives.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the business and achieve credibility with all partners , staff and external service providers.
- Flexible team player who can get hands dirty and also be involved in thinking strategically and seeing bigger picture.
- Ability to use initiative and provide pro-active and pragmatic solutions to issues.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and HR Systems experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Law Firm
- HR Policies