In this role you will be responsible for a busy and varied HR department. This is a hands-on operationally focused role with the opportunity to influence change across a global organisation. You will manage the HR Administrator and also have dotted line responsibility for the HR and Recruitment Coordinator. This position offers a salary of £40,000 and includes yearly bonus, 24 days holiday plus the option to earn an extra day per year.
• To be the first point of contact for all UK and International HR related queries from the organisation i.e. sales, support and operational group
• Work with the line managers to effectively manage all disciplinary and performance issues across the group
• Manage and monitor Performance Improvement Plans with line managers, escalating to the disciplinary process if necessary
• Manage any flexible working requests in line with the company policy
• Manage any Tribunal Claims, if applicable
• Manage all terminations (resignations, redundancies, settlement agreements, conducting exit interviews as required
• Update the business on starters, leavers and movers
• Manage directly and where applicable with the support of the HR Administrator and HR Coordinator the HR Operations objectives and KPIs
• Payroll data –collate payroll changes; send through to Payroll in a timely manager
• Issue Company Loans and salary advances paperwork as approved by senior management
• Apply for candidate references, respond to reference requests, ensure authorisations are in place and corresponding paperwork is processed
• Assist and provide paperwork across the full HR Lifecycle
• Issue Contracts, Offers, DBS checking, collect paperwork, bonding letters etc.
• Updating HR Systems and spreadsheets with all HR changes
• Make up and maintain employee files
• Manage the holiday authorisation process, ensuring Company guidelines are followed (Ensure visibility to senior leaders of who is in/out of the office).
• HR Matrix Data – Produce monthly statistics on work force data (absenteeism, turnover etc.)
• Take steps to reduce employee Turnover
Compensation and Benefits:
• Oversee the annual salary review roll out, ensure staff are paid appropriately
• Conduct job and role evaluations, including salary surveys etc
• Manage the Company bonus and commission schemes
• Day to day Pension and Benefit management.
HR Compliance and governance:
• Help identify all HR Risks (UK and International), maintain a risk register and ensure risks are understood and managed across the business.
• Keep abreast of Workplace legislative changes, providing guidance and support to senior stakeholders
• Review and revise HR Policy and handbook updates/reviews to ensure compliance and best practice
• Introduce, update and manage the roll out new workplace, employment, health and safety policies including updating the Employee Handbook
• Establish, review and ensure adherence to HR ISO KPIs, Data Protection and legislative changes ensuring these are updated with changes
• Establish the people-related risks as the company seeks to enter new territories
• Establish HR Operations for new countries (including payroll, HR policies, benefits etc)
• Comps and Benefits for International staff, manage tax equalisation if applicable
• Keep in regular communication with oversees and remote employees, ensuring that they are included in the organisational family.
Health and Safety:
• Ensure the working environment is safe for employees
• Manage DSE process and workplace risk assessments
Projects and other responsibilities:
• Projects, as applicable at the time
• Any other adhoc duties and responsibilities as requested by the Group HR, Training and Development Director
The ideal candidate will:
- Have line manager experience and be able to quickly establish credibility and respect
- Have experience as an HR Manager/Generalist
- Have experience of HR system implementation and payroll
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business