Are you an experienced HR Manager with a passion for employee relations looking for an exciting new challenge?
We are recruiting for a confident, empathetic and commercially aware HR Manager. You’ll be part of our passionate and supportive HR Team and be embedded with our Field Operations Team.
What you’ll be doing -
Reporting to one of our HR Business Partners and partnering closely with the Operations Director for Field, you will be responsible for providing timely and credible HR advice to our Field Operations Management Team, ensuring any day to day HR issues are resolved promptly without unnecessary escalation. You’ll be working with our managers and alongside our Field Interviewer Recruitment and Training team all of whom are dedicated to creating a great place to work.
Working closely with the Director you will be supporting a culture of change management to improve efficiencies within our Field Operation. As this is a generalist role you’ll need to have experience of employee relations, learning & development, resourcing and remuneration relying on the wider skills and knowledge of our HR team when required. This is a new role created to support our Field Operations team who are going through a transition of change. Our Field team includes office based employees and approximately 1000 field interviewers - both contracted and non -contracted. We also have a number of remote workers. Field Interviewers are the backbone of our business- they conduct face-to-face interviews with members of the public on behalf of our clients (local and central government, the media, and a range of companies and charities).
The role will be based in Harrow with a nationwide remit. You’ll be working closely with our Region Managers who are responsible for our Field interviewers. Our Region Managers generally work from home and are spread over the UK covering 6 regions. As part of this role, you will be supporting them in terms of performance management and culture change so its important you build strong relationships with them to understand and appreciate what their challenges are.
To be successful in this role, we would love to meet someone with:
- Experience of managing complex employment relations cases
- Excellent knowledge of UK Employment Law
- Experience of managing a casual workforce
- Previous experience as an HR Manager working in a fast paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent coaching skills to help upskill our Line Managers
- The ability to build & maintain strong, meaningful relationships
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relay complex data, simply and concisely (both written and verbal)
- The ability to both influence and implement;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Experience using a HR system, ideally Oracle
- Ability to work confidentially at all times and install confidence in those you are working with
- UK Driving licence
This is a hands-on challenging, autonomous role, so what’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to make a real difference to our managers and colleagues
- Work within a collaborative team who genuinely care about people
- Join an innovative, international market leading organisation.
Along with -
- Competitive salary
- Company contributed pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Life Insurance
We are one of the largest and best known research companies in the UK, and a key part of a leading global group. We are consistently engaged in a variety of complex and high-profile projects in nearly every major industry, and work with governments, institutions and the world's leading brands and businesses.
We have an unparalleled depth of technical and industry knowledge, as well as innovative qualitative and quantitative expertise. Each of our key research specialisms are recognised centres of excellence. The type of work we do is very varied, from qualitative research in one market to over 20 markets and quantitative research on a one-off basis in one market to large international continuous studies.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.