Based in Germany, Villeroy & Boch is one of the largest producers of premium porcelain and ceramic products worldwide. Family-owned since 1748, Villeroy & Boch is an award-winning, innovative company rooted in a time-honoured tradition.
Over its 267-year history Villeroy & Boch has become known as a trusted international lifestyle brand offering tabletop and sophisticated home décor products for a contemporary lifestyle. From ceramic tiles on the Titanic and in New York`s Holland Tunnel and in Moscow's Bolshoi Theatre to custom dinnerware on luxurious Orient Express trains and the Pope's table in the Vatican, Villeroy & Boch has left its mark in history.
Villeroy & Boch are looking for a HR Manager to head up the function within their UK office. The HR Manager develops, plans and coordinates all HR activities within the UK organisation of Villeroy & Boch in Bath & Wellness and Tableware and is the guarantee for both, compliance with national as well as with corporate HR requirements.
Key areas of focus include;
- Building strong relationships with the senior management team to understand requirements and identify areas of development
- Managing all HR Administration, overseeing payroll and assurance of the correct HR data
- Updating and embedding HR processes and procedures in line with the company culture
- Developing a robust recruitment process that enables Villeroy & Boch attract, hire and retain skilled and talented individuals at all levels in an extremely competitive market
- Building a solid induction programme to welcome and on-board new hires
- Advising managers on employee relations issues and coaching managers through the process to achieve a positive result
- Developing an organisation structure that supports career pathways and supports personal development programmes
- Provide advice and guidance to employees in the UK and internationally where required
- Salary and wage planning in close cooperation with Corporate HR
To be considered for this role, you must
- be educated to degree level (or equivalent) as a minimum with experience gained as a HR generalist and be comfortable coaching and guiding experienced managers through challenging situations
- be extremely self-sufficient with experience of managing all HR administration
- be able to demonstrate that you have designed and embedded creative solutions to attract, retain and develop high calibre employees
- be a strong influencer with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- have immediate credibility and gravitas among highly experienced business professionals
- have excellent presentation skills
This role would suit experienced and highly professional candidates who are looking to step up into their first HR Manager position or are looking to work in an entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy and independence. You must also be comfortable working in an international environment.
If you're interested in taking the next step in your career and joining an international market leader, please email Alice Perkins on