Our client, a major international law firm require a HR Manager on a 12-Month FTC.
The role is in the HR Consulting team covering a number of Business Services functions and works closely with the Senior HR Manager to provide the full range of HR generalist support. The HR Manager acts as a trusted advisor with key internal stakeholders to ensure that the people agenda is reflected in business decisions. The HR Manager will also be involved in wider HR projects across London in collaboration with other HR professionals within the HR Consulting team and Centres of Expertise. All advice and support to the business will require the firm’s values and its commitment to diversity to be at its heart.
- Involvement in London-wide and departmental-specific HR projects, such as supporting the redesign of the London induction programme.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with the London HR Operations, London HR Business Services and HR Services teams.
- Proactively sharing information between the HR Operations, HR Business Services and HR Services teams.
- Actively participating in process improvement discussions.
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships across the London office.
- Collaborate with Senior Directors within Business Services to understand the key business objectives in order to define, create and deliver HR solutions.
- Develop and sustain strong business relationships with Business Services Senior Directors and line managers by giving professional HR advice and becoming a trusted advisor.
- Participate in discussions with Senior Directors and line managers on immediate resourcing and succession planning requirements.
- Work with the Senior HR Manager, Senior Directors and line managers to implement business improvement within HR policies and processes.
- Promote the use of HR Services within the business and HR team to encourage efficient working.
Talent Management and Development
- Support the identification and development of key talent within designated groups to enable departments to meet their business objectives through effective succession planning.
- Support the assessment of and collation of training and development requirements within designated groups.
Communication and Management Reporting
- Work with the Senior Directors and line managers to co-ordinate and manage internal communication initiatives and processes to improve employee engagement.
- Participate in management meetings for designated groups as the HR professional and expert.
- Produce regular standard and ad-hoc HR reports to enable appropriate decisions to be made by the business.
- Facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing between the Business Services departments, the HR Consulting team, HR COEs and HR Services.
Resourcing and Induction
- Work closely with the outsourced Recruitment function to ensure that appropriate recruitment needs are met for designated groups.
- Support the delivery of new-joiner induction programmes and integration to the firm.
- Support line managers with the six-month probation reviews within designated groups as necessary.
Annual HR Activities
- Manage the salary and bonus review process as it applies to designated groups. This will include (but is not limited to):
o Co-ordinating all relevant stakeholders;
o Providing advice and support regarding the decisions, maintaining objectivity and fairness;
o Attending and facilitating salary and bonus meetings with line managers;
o Advising on performance bonus levels;
o Working with HR Services to capture and input data into the system; and
o Participating in London-wide 'moderation’ activity for designated groups.
- Manage the appraisal process for designated groups. This will include (but is not limited to):
o Ensuring timely launch;
o Effective monitoring of progress;
o Facilitating the moderation process; and
o Advising on the context and structure of messages to be delivered in appraisal meetings.
Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Keep fully up to date with employment legislation and use this knowledge to advise and direct line managers where necessary.
- Manage long term sickness for designated groups, liaising with Occupational Health where relevant and providing general support to line managers and employees as required.
- Manage performance, grievance and disciplinary issues within designated groups and support the SHRM in cases across Business Services.
- Liaise with the HR Services team on all department maternity matters.
- Manage, with the HR Services team, requests for flexible working and other leave.
- Educated to degree level, ideally also with a CIPD qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a generalist HR role.
- Previous experience of working with SAP or other HR databases.
- Good understanding of the wider HR teams and function.
- Proficient English language skills.
- Experience working in change intensive environments.
- Good project management skills.
- The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people across levels, cultural and global boundaries.
- Excellent planning ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, clarify and share information easily.
- A diplomatic and adaptable working style, works collaboratively with colleagues and demonstrates an empathetic approach when dealing with others.
- Dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations with a commitment to the highest level of integrity.
- Resilient and able to remain calm and positive under pressure and when dealing with ambiguity.
- Is delivery focussed and drives forward quality of service.
- Decisive and mature in judgement and able to resolve complex problems taking a proactive approach to analyse the issues and generate solutions.
- Business Services
- Employment Legislation
- Law Firm
- Performance Management
- HR Policies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job