My client, a large global law firm, is offering an experienced HR professional a fantastic opportunity to join their world class HR team. Operating within this respected HR team, your role will be to provide advice and guidance on HR programmes, policies and practices, resolve queries and deliver first-class customer service to colleagues across our international office network.
You are either an existing HR Manager or an experienced and confident senior HR Advisor seeking career development to Manager level.
To provide the full range of HR Generalist support to designated groups working alongside a Senior HR Manager (SHRM) as well as managing full operational and strategic support to one defined group. There will also be the opportunity to contribute on specific project related tasks with the SHRM and both Central and Specialised HR functions covering the London office.
- Collaboration with the Practice Group leaders, to understand the key business objectives in order to define, create and deliver HR solutions
- Monitor business and people performance and make relevant recommendations
- Develop and sustain strong business relationships with relevant line managers by giving professional advice and becoming a trusted advisor
- Provide expertise and advice on HR related issues
- Participate in regular discussions with the line managers on immediate resourcing and succession planning requirements in order to identify gaps and develop plans to fulfil both short term and long-term requirements
- Work with the SHRM, partners and line managers to implement business improvement, HR policies and processes
Talent Management and Development
- Support the identification and development of key talent within designated groups
- Develop the relationship with, engender trust, and support relevant line managers
- Support the assessment of and collation of training and development requirements within the designated groups
Communication and Reporting
- Work with the Practice Group leaders and partners to co-ordinate and manage internal communication initiatives and processes to improve employee engagement
- Participate in designated group management meetings as the HR professional and expert
- Produce regular standard and ad-hoc management reports to enable appropriate decisions to be made
Salary Review & Appraisal Programme
- Manage the salary and bonus review process as it applies to designated groups
- Attending and facilitating salary and bonus meetings with line managers
- Advising on performance bonus levels
- Manage the annual and interim appraisal programme for the designated groups by monitoring progress and conducting the necessary follow up
- Manage the implementation of the appraisal process for the designated groups.
Employee Relations and Employee Management
- Keep fully up to date with all developments in terms of employment legislation and employee relations issues
- Manage long term sickness for the designated groups
- Manage performance, grievance & disciplinary issues (including managed exits) within designated groups and support the SHRM in cases across the department working closely with our Employee Relations team
- Liaise with HR Services on all department maternity matters
- Liaise with HR Services and interact with the department around long term service and relevant awards
- Manage, with the HR Services team, requests for flexible working and other leave
- Promote, manage and actively encourage employee well being and positive mental health.
- A graduate with CIPD qualifications
- Significant generalist HR experience preferably within law or professional services
- Proficient IT skills including experience of HR databases and excel. SAP knowledge would be helpful
For the full job description please contact Nikki Bjurenvall