Our client, one of the leading global law firms in the City, are seeking an experienced and commercial HR Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The HR Manager will provide leadership and direction in supporting selected business services teams globally, achieving its strategic goals, as well as running the HR day to day operations for the function in London.
The HR Manager will also provide dedicated generalist support to the firm's Business Services functions based in the UK and support the Head of HR and wider HR team as appropriate with specific HR projects and process improvements. The manager role will involve leading a small team supporting business services based in London.
- Working closely with the Business Leaders in achieving their strategic objectives and ensuring the implementation of HR initiatives across the functions in a timely and effective manner, to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Raising the profile, bringing best practice, looking for continuous improvement opportunities and extending the credibility of the HR Business Partner service;
- Develop an understanding of the business environment within which the functions operate in order to provide appropriate advice and align people strategy with business strategy;
- Provide professional support and advice to the business leaders in London on strategic and operational matters such as, but not limited to: change management, organisational effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, talent management, workforce planning, salary and bonus reviews, international secondments, and interpreting policy;
- Advise business leaders on employee relations issues ensuring that employees are treated fairly and consistently and that the firm is not exposed to financial/legal liabilities;
- Develop, mentor and manage the Assistant Manager and Advisor, in providing a high quality and responsive internal client service to the business services functions.
- In conjunction with other managers and the Head of HR, participate in projects on behalf of the London office and the international firm.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong academics and ideally CIPD qualified
- Several years of HR experience gained in a professional service or legal environment
- Experience of managing people
- Previous experience of working within a HR Manager capacity
- A diplomatic but firm manner with effective influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral and a willingness to listen
- A 'can-do' attitude and resilient character, with the ability to manage expectations, influence change
- Experience of working on own initiative within a demanding environment with the highest professional standards.
- Ability to coach senior individuals to ensure successful outcomes
- Attention to detail but ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to build credibility and strong professional relationships at senior levels.
Please contact Nikki Bjurenvall ASAP to discuss further
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job