HR Manager and PA to the Head teacher
Are you an Executive Assistant with HR experience? Looking for a new opportunity within the Education sector? Our client is looking for an experienced EA with HR experience to join their team as soon as possible. This is a temp to permanent role working normal office working hours.
Who you will be working for
Our client is a voluntary aided secondary school for boys aged 11-18, situated in the London Borough of Islington.
West London; with great places to eat and drink it's an ideal location to work in.
What you will be doing?
The successful candidate would need to provide a comprehensive and strictly confidential administrative and executive support service to the Head teacher. This will include;
- Be the first line of contact between the Head teacher and any phone calls, requests from staff, students and visitors
- Ensure there is a customer-focussed reception to the Head teacher's telephone callers; e.g. screening incoming calls, solve problems and queries without reference to the Head teacher.
- Process the Head teacher's mail ensuring that all important matters are dealt with confidentially
- Use initiative to deal with any urgent or difficult situations
- Manage Head teacher's diary and daily schedule
- Provide general administrative support for the Head teacher
- Printing off documents and proof reading
- Preparing documents for signing and reading as well as maintaining an accurate filing system
- Attend and minute meetings where required, type up, disseminate and file all agendas and minutes
- To provide the Local Authority with the required admission data
- Report to the Governing Body on the admission arrangements
- To ensure that the School's admissions arrangements are published on the School's
- To ensure that the student files are transferred securely when a student leaves the School
- Undertake high level research and prepare briefings as and when required
- Prepare appropriate staff briefings and presentations on behalf of the Head teacher
- Assist in the collation and preparation of management information and reports
- Provide personal support for the Head teacher including preparing refreshments and welcoming Head teacher's visitors
- Maintain and update a list of external stakeholders
- Liaise with professional bodies, outside agencies, other schools and organisations etc.
- Act as the School's liaison for Governors
- Arranging meetings and collating reports
- Assist with Governor Disciplinary/Behaviour Panels for Students and Staff
- Facilitate Governors visits to the school
- Ensure confidentiality, sensitivity and diplomacy is maintained at all times.
- Monitor the School's general email address and respond to general enquiries
- Manage and maintain various sections and statutory aspects of the
- Liaise and assist the HR Manager as required to provide support
- Support other members of the Leadership team as required
- Undertake additional duties or projects as the Head teacher or line manager may determine from time to time, after consultation with the post holder
- Comply with the School's policy in respect of child protection and safeguarding matters.
HR duties include;
- To arrange staff disciplinary and investigatory meetings
- To oversee the development and periodic review of the School's employment policies
- Implement changes to pay from statutory, national or local pay agreements
- To complete the monthly payroll returns including notification of all contractual changes
- To provide advice and guidance on employment-related queries for all staff
- To take part in setting the School's budget by providing accurate information relating to staffing
- To provide training and advice for senior leadership group and line managers
- To provide regular reports to the Governing Body on HR matters
- To promote the welfare and safety of students and to comply with the School's requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- To undertake such additional duties or projects as the Head teacher or line manager may determine from time to time, after consultation with the post holder
- To deal with any other HR related matters including annual leave schedule for support staff.
- Highly effective communication skills
- Good people management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to approach confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy
- Experience of providing executive support at a senior level
- Computer literate; e.g. Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- An HR qualification is useful but not essential
- UK Employment Law and regulations experience
- An understanding and appreciation for confidentiality and safeguarding
- Degree level or equivalent experience.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to work with a reputable company and gain further experience. The role is a temp to permanent position. This is a temp to permanent role working normal office working hours; with a competitive salary of £45 to £50,000 per annum.
How to apply?
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Not ready to apply or have some questions first?
Call or email me, Fatma Yaman at Gordon Yates, to discuss in confidence.