Our client is an international business with multiple sites across the UK and Europe. A long term contract position has arisen for an experienced HR Manager to join an established and respected business.
The role will involve all aspects of HR within a fast moving production facility:
- Manage the provision of the HR service to include Employee Relations; Learning & Development; Recruitment and Reward
- Manage the HR strategy for the site in line with corporate objectives.
- Working as part of the senior management team; develop HR strategies to assist with business growth and talent management.
- Ensure that the company structure is appropriate to meet site and company objectives
- Provide advice and guidance to the company leadership and management team in relation to HR activities.
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are in line with best practice.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with the recognised union to ensure effective management of employee relations.
- Develop and manage recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate recruitment activities for senior and managerial positions.
- Facilitate effective internal communication systems for the site.
- Develop and manage Training and Development programmes for the site.
- Be involved in periodic HR audits.
- Manage and be responsible for the development of an HR Officer and Apprentice.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable HR experience gained at HR Manager level from within a fast paced industrial environment. The role requires a business focussed HR professional who can provide HR solutions in alignment with commercial objectives.
CIPD qualification or equivalent is highly advantageous.
Applicants must also be able to commence employment March/April and be able to commit to a 12 month fixed term assignment.