HR Manager - Better Food.
"If you’re looking to be a part of something that’s bigger than just 'retail’, to be a part of a community of bees who want to respect and save the planet and be kind to our suppliers then apply now!"
Line Manager: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Payroll Administrator, HR Assistant
Mission: To help us be the best independent retailer and deliver on the company purpose, aspiration, customer promise and values primarily by delivering excellent customer service throughout all areas of your role:
Role purpose: To provide strategic and operational Human Resources, Payroll and Health & Safety services to the company. To provide proactive support to our line managers.
- HR Strategy
- To advise and support the Central Leadership Team to achieve and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Develop and maintain company policies and procedures, including Employee Handbook.
- Develop and support management/employee consultation processes.
- Manage pay and benefits.
- Building a culture of continual improvement, all aligned to our purpose, aspirations, customer promise and values.
- To be the architect of the 'Employee Experience' Making Better Food an enjoyable working envirnoment for all.
- To support/coach/mentor line managers.
- HR Operational
- To provide an end-to-end administration service for all employment matters.
- Provide an end-to-end recruitment process. Including an On-Boarding journey.
- Provide a HR service of advice and training to managers and employees.
- Facilitate our managers to manage performance.
- Ensuring job descriptions for all positions within the company are relevant to the needs of the company.
- Ensure all employees receive a contract of employment within the required timescales.
- Collate staff insight through employee surveys, discussions and meetings. Plan and implement suggested improvements where possible.
- Advise and support managers with employee relations issues including performance management, disciplinary, grievance and redundancy.
- Ensuring the highest standards of payroll administration, in partnership with Finance dept colleagues.
- Provide a reporting, monitoring process for key employment issues.
- Promote the maximum take up of exit interviews for all leavers, reporting findings and making recommendations as appropriate to CLT.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act in relation to employee records.
- Ensure GDPR compliance.
- Ensure a robust performance management approach with direct reports.
- Management of Payroll accounting and processing
- Support the processing of weekly payroll, including new starters, leavers, timesheets, calculating pay, providing, HMRC submissions.
- Support the provision of Payroll related reporting (e.g. weekly KPIs and manager reports) both scheduled and on request.
- Ensure the management of all types of leave eg holiday, sick, maternity, volunteering and schemes eg pension are completed effectively.
- Provide any other Payroll, accounting or administrative related tasks, as identified
- Delivering in a manner that provides,
- Health and Safety Strategy
Working in partnership with CLT provide advice and support to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Health and Safety Operational
- To provide recording, monitoring and reporting for all relevant H&S issues.
- Make recommendations
- Carry out investigations into accidents and incidents, in partnership with operational colleagues
- Be a great manager to our company
- Maintain a positive, can do attitude with staff.
- Provide great communication (listening and speaking) and demand from others.
- Be visible to staff and customers.
CIPD Level 5+
3 years’ experience in HR management/advisory role
Sound knowledge of employment law and practical application
Payroll qualification (preferably Sage)
Experience of Accounting and Payroll software (ideally Sage & Quickbooks)
Excellent Excel and Word skills
Values & Capabilities
- Empathetic yet commercially aware - able to balance staff need with that of business.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor others
- An action orientated approach to working that motivates others
- Ability to provide planned and responsive services to the business in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work on own initiative, a solution focussed approach
- Attention to detail
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Human Resources
- Commercially aware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job