HR Learning & Development Coordinator
Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a HR Learning & Development Coordinator to join the team in an apprentice role based in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £16,835 per annum plus excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation as the world’s most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits to our HR Learning & Development Coordinator:
- Salary circa £16,835
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week with flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join Ordnance Survey’s HR team on a development pathway toward becoming an L&D Consultant. As part of the role, we’ll support you through a 5-year pathway to complete the Level 3 and 5 L&D Consultant apprenticeships. This is the right role for someone who is committed to their own development just as much as enabling development of others.
As our HR Learning & Development Coordinator, you will join our Learning & Development team and be a motivated and engaging professional who wants to build a career in HR. You will work closely alongside another L&D professional, systems expert, and other HR Coordinators.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Working with members of the Organisational Development team to prioritise activity based on current requirements
- Responding to requests from the L&D Manager and L&D co-ordinators to source and book training
- Managing training suppliers at all stages, liaising with Finance and Procurement to ensure providers have a positive experience
- Providing a responsive and supportive experience for employees, answering L&D-related questions, and provide pre and post-training support for all delegates
- Carrying out research on appropriate training solutions based on employee requirements
- Managing our online learning management system – you will become an expert in this system working closely with the HR Systems Manager
- Administering learning evaluations and using reports to find insights and feedback that helps to continually improve the L&D offer
- Meeting and greeting trainers, representing OS positively
- Working on requests for tenders for higher-value suppliers and also supplier selection panels with Procurement
- Supporting the L&D Manager to plan, manage, and report on budgets and spend
- Designing and monitoring promotional campaigns/messages about L&D opportunities
Skills and experience required to be our HR Learning & Development Coordinator:
- Problem-solver who takes initiative with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in customer-facing or service-oriented role
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an interest in organisational learning and skills training
- Comfortable working with IT and/or web-based services and an interest in learning system skills to manage a hosted content platform
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our HR Learning & Development Coordinator.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd September 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'