We are seeking a competent HR Generalist/HR Officer to support a company currently going through an exciting period of growth and change on an initial 6 month fixed term contract. A varied, stand-alone role that will incorporate all HR administration, employee relations, new starters, recruitment, onboarding and various HR projects. We are seeking strong all-rounders with generalist HR experience, strong administration skills and the willingness to take on a diverse set of responsibilities.
Candidates must be available to start this role ASAP (remotely) with the potential for a longer-term position for the right person! The role will be based from their offices in Leatherhead so you must be able to commute there in the coming months.
Duties to include:
- Provide advice to line managers on the recruitment process, ensuring the process is strictly kept to and each role has a full audit trail.
- Coordinate the production of all new starter paperwork, including offer letters, contracts of employment and new starter forms.
- Support all required pre-employment checks, updating and discussing with line managers where appropriate.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all employees have the necessary forms and checks in place before they start working for the Group.
- Ensure all new starter paperwork is collected and information is communicated with payroll, IT and all other relevant departments.
- Ensure all systems are updated on a daily basis to reflect any progress in recruitment activities.
- You will be responsible for producing and sending all leavers letter to employees and ensuring copies are recorded in their employee file.
- Work closely with manager to ensure all company property is returned or collected following an employee leaving the company.
- Produce deduction letters and send to employees when required and ensure payroll actions are complete.
- Be the first line of support to all line managers for all employee issues
- With the FD decide on which issues can be managed in-house vs delegated to the Group's outsourced HR team
- Regularly review and update all HR policies, staying up to date with legislation
- Maintain an ER log and ensure it is fully updated at all times with a full audit trail.
- Coordinate the production of all employee related communications, ensuring they are correctly stored in the relevant files.
- Work closely with the payroll coordinator to manage the monthly payroll. Ensuring all changes are captured and a full audit trail is available.
- Ensure employee files are up to date in a tidy and easily accessible order
- Ensure new starter folders are set up prior to the new starter joining
- Ensure any leavers are removed from active employee lists and their employee file is moved to the leaver file.
- Support the on and off boarding of seasonal workers
- Assist with the preparation of all changes to terms and conditions letters, ensuring these are sent to the employee, recorded on the relevant systems and payroll are aware of any financial changes.
- Help to prepare management reports on employee related data on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining holiday records and helping line managers ensure requests are approved on a timely basis in the absence management system.
- Providing data and reports on absences, ensuring copies of sick notes are obtained and back to work interviews are organised in line with Group policy.
- Strong, all-round, generalist HR experience
- Experience within a senior HR administrative role is preferable, this is a very fast paced business with large volumes of admin.
- Knowledge of UK employment law and experience managing employee relations
- Experience of implementing and/or using a HR system (Microsoft Dynamics HR would be advantageous)
- Experience within a fast paced, ever changing organisation.
- Someone who is forward thinking and comfortable putting forward ideas.
- Able to use multiple systems and switching between them.
- Experience in a role in which confidentially and discretion is required.
Think Human Resources is the HR division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independently owned recruitment business operating across the Herts, Beds, Bucks and Greater London area. The HR division is responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and contract roles within the field of Human Resources including; HR Administrator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Head of HR, Employee Relations, talent, internal recruitment, Compensation and Benefits/Reward and Recognition.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'