We are seeking a talented HR Generalist to join our team in Langley, Berkshire.
As a HR Generalist you will provide management and employees with advice, information and practical guidance concerning HR issues, including employment relations, recruitment, employee development and training. Provide proactive administration support for all HR functions in a pan European HR Department.
As a HR Generalist your duties will include:
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure the provision of a quality and cost-effective service.
- Ensure and end to end process for on boarding for all employees is in evidence and completely documented, paying particular attention to all required new starter paperwork to enable loading into EU payrolls.
- Working with the Head of Human Resources for Europe in the maintenance and review of EU Employment policies, procedures and management guidance notes. Ensure that these policies and procedures are updated, when required, clearly documented and are available to all employees as appropriate.
- Perform as audit focal. Respond to internal and external SOX auditors for HR-related information requests in areas such as new hires, terminations, compensation and performance review process.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees upon notice of resignation.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested from time to time by the Head of Human Resources Europe.
- Effectively manage the recruitment process to include the preparation of advertisements, drafting job descriptions and person specifications, arranging interviews, preparation and circulation of recruitment and selection paperwork.
- With Head of Human Resources for Europe to develop staffing plan for all direct requisitions by position, location, and timing to support the business.
- Ensure that all employment processes are followed and in compliance of recruitment and selection-related functions with all relevant EU laws & regulations.
Agency/Staffing vendor Management
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all current Agency vendors sufficient to work with them for the source and supply of temporary and permanent future employees - i.e. bring all current vendors up to same standard over time in region
- Successfully negotiate the bill rates to ensure they are aligned with current market rates and closely related to the necessary job criteria
Coaching, Consulting, and Employee Relations
- Advise and coach management on a range of HR matters including but not limited to employee performance management, positive employee relations, disciplinary actions and succession plans.
- Perform as owner and leader for driving the resolution of various employee relations issues by intake of the issue, investigation and research, soliciting any necessary resources or experts and then resolving the issue at hand. Serve as Employee Relations contact for HR-related issues. Provide management support for complex escalated claims.
- Facilitate and lead New Employee Connection (Induction)
Training and Development/Performance Management
- Keep up to date with employment legislation and ensure continuing professional development in line with recognised standards of the CIPD.
- Undertake and participate in HR and training projects as agreed with the Head of HR.
- Partner with the planning and coordination of employee events and/or meetings. May coordinate details with departments and with vendors, managing to specific budget.
- Updating, reviewing and administration of the Long Service and Recognition Awards for Europe.
- Create reports on dashboard metrics and various other reports/queries.
- Administer immigration (Visas, etc. cases)
- Review and approve educational assistance requests ensuring, when required, all training bonds are in place and implemented correctly
Ideally educated to Degree level in Human Resources
Minimum of Associate level CIPD qualification or similar HR related qualification is required
Must have experience working is a busy, high volume, fast paced environment
Must have solid HR experience
Recruitment experience is necessary - sourcing, interviewing and negotiation
Experience working in an aviation, technology or electronics environment is desirable
Proficient IT skills to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Experience in using Taleo, Workday or other HRIS/ Applicant Tracking Systems is necessary
Must have the ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with both internal and external clients
Ability to multi-task in an environment that is highly visible, highly regulated and highly pressurized, whilst retaining an exceptional level of detail
Must have excellent communication and time management skills
Problem solving skills with the ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
Must be able to be confidential/ discrete
Pro-active natured and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the work of the department
Additional European language would be advantageous.
Able to travel within Europe
- Employee Relations
- CIPD qualified
- European Experience
- HR Policies