My Client, is looking for a HR Generalist of HR Advisor to join their team on an initial contract basis to support the HR Manager with the delivery of their HR Projects and strategies.
Supporting the business and the HR Manager to proactively deliver HR projects and strategies, ensuring legal compliance; e.g. recruitment, organisational change, employee relations, policy development, training, systems and processes etc.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Recruitment - To design and implement innovative recruitment campaigns for specific roles that ensure the best quality candidates are attracted and recruited.
- Policy review - Assist with the development, review and advice on relevant Company policies; harmonising policies where required.
- Organisational change - Assist with organisational change processes, provide advice and guidance to management, ensuring legal compliance to any change to terms & conditions.
- Employee Relations - develop and advise on policy, assist with management of employee relations activity.
- To support the HR Manager on complex Employee Relations issues to resolution, in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Assist in coaching and developing line managers in people management skills (including recruitment and selection, performance management, disciplinary and grievance issues, coaching and development of teams) to ensure that they can maximise the potential of their teams. Arrange and deliver training as required.
- To proactively coach and support managers in more complex HR areas by giving appropriate HR employment advice, by recommending options for resolution or approaches to adopt and information on precedents. Including absence management, managing retention, managing conduct and capability and motivating teams.
- Systems & Processes - Assist in the maintenance of accurate data and records on the HR Management system, to comply with data protection; and to fulfil the requirements for ISO accreditation.
- Reporting - Produce data for regular reporting, for Compliance, Commercial and Senior Management requirements, including but not limited to: headcount, turnover and retention levels, exit reasons, employee relations areas, specific project milestones and employee satisfaction measures.
- Working Relationships - To develop and maintain effective working relationships with Directors, Senior Managers and external consultants.
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, tasks in addition to the above that are both reasonable and within your capabilities.
- To ensure that at all times care is taken for your health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- CIPD qualified to a minimum of Level 5, with HR generalist experience
- Generalist knowledge in: resourcing, organisational change, policy writing, learning & development, employee relations
- A hands-on approach to operational HR requirements
- Up to date working knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop individuals and teams
- Experience of working in a SME environment
- Excellent communication, feedback, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good facilitation and time management skills