The ideal candidate will undertake and supervise the full range of administrative tasks required for the effective running of the services across all aspects of three schools across the North West. This will include all elements of site based Finance, HR, Children/Young Adult Admin and General Administration as required.
Responsibilities of the role
- Management: Undertake effective supervision and management of Admin team members across multiple sites.
- Ensure the accurate and timely creation, maintenance and updating of records as appropriate and the production of regular reports including attendance, incidents and accidents as well as providing minutes and reports for SEN reviews, Annual reviews and LAC reviews.
- Efficient management of all administrative processes relating to the accurate and timely processing of site based financial administration including effective liaison with Central Office Finance team.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships and communicate effectively (verbal and written) with candidates, employees, management and external bodies, suppliers and consultants, ensuring data protection, confidentiality and the reputation of the company are maintained.
- Manage the use of relevant pupil and behaviour databases, keeping records up to date and accurate.
- Support managers and central finance team in finance processes including: using system for purchase orders, adhering to authorisation limits and manual PO processes; petty cash administration and reconciliation; credit card reconciliation; pupil premium reconciliation; collection of monies etc.
- Ensure all payroll information is accurate, checking local information as reported and provide in line with payroll processes and procedures and on time for cut off points, liaising with Central Payroll and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure that all activity is in line with finance policies and that relevant procedures are followed
- Provide relevant information to central finance and placement/commissioning teams relating to fees and expenditure for children
- Liaise with central finance and support review process of monthly accounts, providing commentary of significant variances
- Assist the central finance with information for board reports and forecasts and budgets on-going forecasting
- Apply a robust recruitment process in line with safer recruitment requirements and company policies and procedures including:
- Process starter and leaver administration liaising with colleagues as appropriate as well as processing "during employment processes such as positive attendance administration, maternity/paternity/adoption and other forms of leave, changes to terms and conditions etc.
- Monitor probation process of new starters and remind managers of time-scales. Keep well maintained and up to date HR/personnel files and other employee records, tables and lists on a regular basis including HR database and provide reports as required
- Produce regular management reports using systems and hard copy information to support management and engagement activities such as attendance, labour turnover, starter and leavers.
- Continually review processes and procedures in place in order to ensure most efficient, effective and compliant services are provided.
- Ensure that all systems and paperwork comply with compliance, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Undertake all duties required for the day to day efficient running of the offices and undertake other administrative duties to support senior management from time to time
- Ensure accurate recording of absence and other data required for payroll reporting and provide this to relevant central colleagues on time for monthly processing and be able to answer any queries as needed.
- Demonstrable experience of working in administrative roles ideally to include HR/finance experience and/or within an education or care environment.
- Computer literacy - essential packages are Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint with the ability to use quickly gain competence in a range of databases once trained
- Organised, good time management.
- Ability to manage own time to deal with multiple tasks
This is a FULL TIME PERMANENT role starting in September, if you would like to be considered for this role please apply ASAP to be considered for an immediate interview.
- Management Experience
- Medical Education
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'