PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To work as an integral part of the management team by providing an efficient, proactive customer focused HR service to the Hotel.
- Support the achievement of business objectives and to drive forward organisational performance.
- Promote a positive perception of the company at all times both internally and externally.
Recruitment and Selection
- In conjunction with the GM and HR members to establish, promote and maintain an effective selection service across the hotel in order to attract and select the best candidates.
- Provide professional and best practice advice at all stages of the recruitment process so as to ensure the fair and transparent selection of candidates.
- Ensure recruitment process is followed through to offer of employment and all checks are completed such as reference requests and work permit checks.
- To coordinate the induction process across the Hotel.
- To lead and coordinate initiatives to support retention and engagement.
- Advising, guiding and coaching managers and employees with reference to policies, procedures and employment legislation.
- Provide regular training sessions in accordance with management and employees training needs.
- Be aware of the employee relations process, pre-empting and advising on any employee relations issues that may arise.
- Interpreting and advising on employment legislation in accordance with best practice.
- Support and provide guidance in the management of grievance, disciplinary or redundancy situations, attending formal hearings where appropriate and producing appropriate documentation and correspondence.
- To work with managers to identify performance shortcomings, define clear short term and long term actions for improvement and development.
- Support the implementation of business change initiatives including TUPE transfers, redundancies and reorganisations.
- To coach line managers in the understanding and ownership of Employee Relations matters.
Training and Development
- To support the implementation of training and development initiatives, including training plans, appraisals and ad hoc training requirements.
- To deliver training across the different sites in accordance with the training needs identified.
- To coach and develop managers to increase the effectiveness of their people management skills.
- To ensure that all new and recently promoted employees receive an appropriate induction and development plan.
- To forecast payroll targets and the means to monitor on a month by month basis.
- To advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits, salary review and bonus payments.
- Formulate employment and transfer contracts and any generalist employment related correspondence in accordance with company standards and timescales.
- Collate and distribute accurate reports for Senior Management team on a weekly and ad hoc basis.
- To professionally address all general ad hoc HR queries.
- To support the development of the HR team members with reference to the achievement of their objectives.
- To liaise with the Health and Safety team to ensure that risk assessments have been carried out and the health and safety of all personnel is ensured at all times.
- To complete additional projects as required by the GM or the Group. These projects may involve working across all sites.
Criteria for Performance Evaluation:
- The effective management of all HR operations and processes.
- To comply and implement all statutory requirements regarding the management of ER issues.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with management and team members.
Qualifications and Training
- The successful candidate will be CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience at a HR Manager level within the hospitality / leisure industry.
- Strong knowledge and proven ER experience including maternity, grievance, disciplinary (conduct and capability) and advising on performance management.
- Strong knowledge & best practice in training and development.
- Breadth of knowledge regarding all areas of HR activity, including organisation design, employee engagement,
talent and performance management but with a strong understanding and application of ER.
- Intermediate PC skills on all MS applications.
Key Leadership / Commercial & Managerial Competencies
- Excellent project and change management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to quickly acquire good knowledge of and credibility with the business.
- The ability to engage people in change and to support them accordingly.
- The ability to adapt interpersonal style according to the situation and team members involved.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, communication and influencing skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Creative negotiator.
- Action orientated with a high-level drive for results for self and for others.
- Confident working on own initiative.
- Well organised / acute attention to detail.
- Able to deal with conflict and ambiguity.
- Operations Management
- Hospitality Management