We’re looking for an HR Director to join a large-scale exhibition venue in Shenzhen, China.
This is a varied and exciting role for an experienced, senior HR professional. You’ll need to be astute and financially literate with a strong HR focus. Good command of both English and Chinese Mandarin, both oral and written is strongly preferred.
The Director of HR has ultimate responsibility for all people related activity within an organisation from both an operational and strategic perspective. The role will encompass responsibility for; resource planning and recruitment; training; employee relations and engagement.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- As HR Director, you’ll provide inspired and effective leadership across the venue
- Develops and implements people strategy to support the delivery of the business plan in collaboration with the General Manager
- Maintains effective and timely engagement with the senior leadership team
- Develops and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan; ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Provide information and reports on management information such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads
- Manage costs to budget
- Ensure all staff receive performance reviews in accordance with company policy and monitors probationary periods
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through proactive engagement with line managers
- Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview senior hires when necessary
- Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Monitor sickness absence.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with leadership team. Implement any increases and promotions
- Coordinates and maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline
- Conduct occupational health referrals and providing pastoral support and advice to employees
- HR Director or broad experience across retail, hospitality and leisure sectors highly sought
- Bachelor degree in business / public administration or relevant field with at least 5 years’ industry experience in a senior HR role, preferably in a convention center
- Experience in local employment law
- Astute and financially literate with strong HR focus
- Effective communicator with excellent relationship management skills across all stakeholders
- Decisive and strategically adept with exacting service standards
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the business events industry
- Good command of English language, both oral and written, required
- Good command of Chinese Mandarin, both oral and written, preferred
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You’ll be HR Director for a large-scale venue in Shenzhen, a varied and interesting role with plenty of scope for future career progression
- The salary on offer is $90,000 USD per annum
- The position is based in Shenzhen, China