HR Director UK & Ireland
Search HR is proud to be working in exclusive partnership with Elekta in hiring an HR Director for the UK&I. This position is located at Elekta's flagship new office in Crawley and will report to the Vice President HR, EMEA.
Elekta live by their values:
* Elekta work as one team: that means its paramount you are a team player - and that team is 3,600 strong. You won't be interacting with all your colleagues, but you'll be able to collaborate with many colleagues around the world.
* Elekta do what they say: Their customers need to trust them as much as they trust their solutions - there is no room for empty promises in cancer care.
* Elekta is a leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. They are continually looking for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting its customers - health-care professionals who use their products to help patients and their communities.
The UK& Ireland HR Director will be part of the global Elekta HR-team consisting of approximately 50 HR professionals in three regions; EMEA, Americas and APAC, and two Centres of Excellence; Compensation & Benefits, and People & Organisational Development.
The Crawley site employs c. 650 people across diverse business functions such as Research and Development, Supply Chain Manufacturing and Global Sales and Service. Elekta in Crawley manufactures and tests its Linear Accelerator (Linac) product line. From mid-2018, the site will also be the home of the regional training centre for EMEA
What you'll do at Elekta
In your role you will be responsible for the HR delivery at Elekta's UK site in Crawley, meaning HR Business Partner support, Talent Acquisition and HR services/transactional delivery. This also entails the responsibility for HR-related matters from a legal entity perspective. You will lead a team of six HR Business Partners and HR specialists located at the site. In your role you will also partly act as a strategic HR Business Partner to senior leaders with a global responsibility. You will be a member of the EMEA HR Leadership Team.
* Support senior leaders and the Regional VP HR and Functional HR Leads in the development and implementation of a consistent people strategy aligned to the business strategy on a global, local and functional level and in the identification and implementation of organizational changes.
* Manage all transactional local elements of the HR processes, including Payroll, Performance Management, Merit, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management Ideally, Recruitment, Global Mobility and Organisational changes and ensure the legal entity is compliant with local external HR related laws and regulations.
* Ensure local HR policies and practices are in line with the local market and aligned with Elekta's global intentions.
* Drive initiatives with the aim of increasing employee engagement and Elekta UK being seen as an attractive employer by current and potential employees.
* Effective leadership of the UK HR-team to enhance knowledge, expertise and performance to ensure the successful delivery of HR support to the business.
* Support the Elekta Limited MD in all HR aspects/subjects and be part of the site management team.
* Ensure all processes are consistent and compliant with internal control procedures and statutory/regulatory requirements.
* Manage delivery of any learning and development programs and initiatives aligned to business strategy in the UK.
* Oversee the delivery of monthly KPI's and other metrics, identify trends, put in place proposals of activities for the Regional VP HR to address issues or anomalies in the metrics.
* Responsible for day-to-day management of HR budget in the UK, monitoring spend, identifying other more cost effective avenues to minimise expenditure and provide regular reports to Regional VP HR.
* Collaborate, share knowledge and best practice with the wider HR community.
To be a considered for this position you will have substantial experience of strategic leadership and delivery within HR:
* Ideally FCIPD qualified with graduate degree or equivalent experience, in HR or other relevant areas.
* Excellent knowledge of current UK employment law.
* Up to date knowledge and experience of all core HR processes (Performance Management, Compensation & benefits, Competency Development, Recruitment, Employee Relations, Grievance and Disciplinary procedures, etc.).
* Experience from and ability to working in a complex matrix driven environment.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Good business acumen - understands how decisions impact business performance.
* Excellent consultation and coaching skills, able to influence at senior level.
* Ability to manage a busy workload and meet expectations on delivery.
* Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing priorities and demands.
* Effective, clear and concise communication skills, written and spoken English.
* Good IT skills, MS Office, HR database/systems management tools.
* Previous people management experience would be an advantage
Elekta are working exclusively with Search HR on this role, therefore any CVs sent directly to Elekta either from a candidate or Recruitment agency will be forwarded to search HR.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- UK & Ireland HR Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"