The UK`s National Physical Laboratory (NPL) sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application as one of the world’s top three National Measurement Institutes.
We have an excellent opportunity that has arisen for a HR Co-ordinator to join the friendly HR team here at NPL. You’ll be focusing on supporting the business in delivering HR administration and coordination activities.
The successful candidate will provide efficient and effective administrative and coordination support to the HR department, ensuring that all data and information on employees is kept up to date across the business. You will be supporting the department in the delivery of HR services across a broad range of areas, from onboarding to leavers processes’, which include: .
• General HR queries
• New joiners processes, including offer letters, contracts and coordination of pre-employment checks
• Support the HR team in monitoring and administering HR activities/reporting
• Employee file management, including creating and maintaining HR files for all new starters, adhering to Data Protection guidelines
• Support HR projects
• Assist with conducting inductions
• Liaising with external visitors and facilities management
• Starters, leavers, contract amendments, on boarding, employee absence, maternity and paternity leave admin
• Advanced outlook experience including managing diaries
• Experience working within a HR department
• Good working knowledge of word and powerpoint
• Advanced Excel knowledge, including creating reports
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills, time management and the ability to prioritise
• Previous experience of dealing with visa applications would be highly advantageous
You will have excellent written communication, IT and organisation skills, as well as a good eye for detail. The ability to multi-task, work under pressure and manage competing priorities are essential, along with managing multiple tasks simultaneously. You must be able to deal with staff and customers in a polite and courteous way.
We will be reviewing applications prior to the official close date, so we may change the close date if needed.
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.