6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Responsible for providing professional, commercial business driven HR solutions to the businesses within the MGA segment on complex operational situations.
Whilst based in Norwich or Colchester, the HR Consultant will be expected to travel to other sites across the UK will be required. This will be as and when the business requires HR presence and support, reasonable notice will be given.
Principle objectives and responsibilities including the following, other objectives may be assigned.
- For defined businesses provide operational HR support on complex cases and issues including but not limited to grievance, disciplinary and restructures, absence, settlement agreements.
- Build effective relationships with the Senior Leader(s) and their management teams and all other line managers within defined businesses to ensure that HR is kept up to date with any issues which might affect the staff and that the managers are working within the HR policies and processes applying best practice. This will include attending appropriate meetings and preparing appropriate reports.
- Work with the business in planning reorganisations including restructures and redundancy programmes within the defined business area. Ensure that the correct procedures for any changes within the business to contracts etc. are in line with legislative requirements.
- Give in depth advice on areas of employment law liaising with legal when necessary. This could include complex grievance, disciplinary issues. Legal should always be consulted on any compromise agreements or tribunal claims received.
- Advise managers on complex operational issues reaching practical and workable solutions and highlighting any HR risks in a clear and concise manner so that they can make informed decisions.
- Give advice, guidance and where required training on HR policies and procedures, reviewing when required.
- Supporting acquisition activity within the division including due diligence process and integration plans.
- Engage the specialist functions within the HR team when required; this includes HR Operations, Reward and Organisational Development.
- Offer support and advice to other team members sharing best practice within the HR Function.
- Undertake projects as when required within the HR function.
- Keep up to date with employment legislation and HR best practice.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ideally CIPD qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience at advisory level
- Good current knowledge of employment law and proven experience of implementing it practically
- Experience of writing policies and procedure
- Ability and experience to deal with complex HR issues in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make sound, balanced HR decisions whilst implementing in a business focused manner
- Able to use initiative
- Able to prioritise own workload and respond flexibly to changing demands
- Able to establish credibility and rapport with line managers and managers
- Able to build relationships with the rest of the HR team
- Proactive and customer service focused
Please apply online
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"