An established City law firm advising in various legal areas including company/commercial, employment, property, immigration, and HR is currently seeking an HR Consultant. In addition they have a Benefits Consulting Team. The organisation works with 250+ domestic and international companies across the UK, a number of which have offices in other major European countries. Clients range in size from start-ups with only a handful of employees, to global organisations operating around the world, with offices here in the UK. Through their detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK and (with their network partners) European workplace practices and regulations, they are able to provide expert, clear and commercially focused advice to clients throughout Europe.
They place their clients’ interests at the heart of their practices and working culture and strive to deliver a service which surpasses all expectations.
To provide a comprehensive HR Consulting service to a range of clients primarily international clients with subsidiaries or branches in the UK and Europe.
This is a full blown HR Business Partner consulting role that will work with and support a dedicated set of clients, but which will also operate as part of a team to support the full range of clients engaged by the company.
The role is exposed to and will be expected to deliver against the complete range of HR support and advice both at a strategic and operational level, covering recruitment and resourcing, reward, employee relations, restructurings, change management, OD, performance management, etc
The immediate team comprises the Director - HR Services, to whom this role reports, and another HR Consultant.
In addition to this team, the larger group comprises employment lawyers, immigration lawyers, commercial lawyers and property lawyers, as well as business development managers, with whom this role will work with very closely, and a benefits consulting team, who provide pensions, healthcare insurance and other employee benefits advice and support.
This is a great opportunity to work for a unique organisation that incorporates both legal and HR advice and support to a range of local and international clients.
Minimum 5 years HR experience as Senior HR Adviser, HR Business Partner/HR Generalistor HR Consultant providing advice and guidance to clients covering the following areas:
- Employee relations - must have a detailed and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK Employment Law and ideally the same for some other international jurisdictions, and extensive experience in handling disciplinaries, dismissals, redundancies and grievances
- Recruitment/resourcing and on-boarding support
- Compensation and benefits/reward including delivery of annual compensation cycle - salaries and bonuses - and market benchmarking
- Performance management and appraisals - including supporting the annual performance review process
- Absence management
- Organisational development
- Talent management and succession planning
- Learning and development
- Training - delivering a range of training to lo line managers and staff
- Change management including culture change
- Organisational restructuring - including business start-ups, mergers and acquisitions, business transformation (re-structuring, ramp-ups, downsizing, and outsourcing - including all aspects of TUPE)
- Coaching and mentoring
- Strategic and operational HR experience
In addition the successful candidate will be expected to be a qualified Member of CIPD and be degree qualified
Commercial, bottom line and results-oriented
Delivery and client focused
Calm and considered
Organised and attention to detail
Confident and assertive
Strong negotiation, influencing and persuasive skills
Culturally aware and sensitive
Tact and diplomacy
Able to handle ambiguity
High levels of trust, honesty and integrity
Approachable with a sense of humour