Are you detail-oriented, highly organised, and looking for a role you can really make your own? Do you have previous experience of screening, vetting, or compliance? Are you looking for an opportunity where you could help deliver improvements to some of our critical HR and compliance processes?
If your answer is 'yes' to all of these, then we'd love to hear from you.
Want to know a little about us?
Hitachi Capital UK is a leading financial services company with over 35 years' experience in providing innovative finance solutions to consumers and companies across a diverse range of sectors. Our customers include many household names, with British Gas, John Lewis, and DFS and many more. Our vision is to be the trusted brand of financial services in the UK and across Europe. Our mission is to be exceptional people providing outstanding customer experiences today.
What does the role involve?
Based in our lovely Staines office, our People Services team is the nerve-centre of HR operations across the UK. Friendly and customer-focused; the team is responsible for on-boarding new employees, pre-employment screening, general employee life cycle processes and supporting our employees. As well as this, responsible for ensuring compliance and contractual processes for existing employees are maintained in line with legislative and regulatory requirements.
An opportunity has arisen to work closely with the Head of People Services, to help deliver a range of projects relating to our vetting and compliance processes for new and existing employees. This is a brand new role which means an opportunity for you to really put your own stamp on it.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining an HR Risk Register
- Steering new employment vetting processes and projects
- Acting as a key HR contact for initiatives led by our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Preparing and maintaining reports
- Acting as an extra pair of hands for the day-to-day during busy periods and to help support annual leave
What are we looking for?
This is a rather unique role, and we recognise that the perfect person could come from a number of different backgrounds. What's key for us is that you have a knack for getting to grips with business process, and a passion for making sure things are done well. Your admin and organisational skills are second to none, and you're often the go-to person for making sure the details are just so. In addition, the following skills and experience would be ideal:
- Working with business processes relating to compliance, risk, or HR
- Maintaining and reporting on records of compliance, vetting processes or business/regulatory risks
- A desire to implement new processes, and improve existing ones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, with experience of using Excel
What can we offer you?
We're passionate about looking after our people at Hitachi Capital UK, as we know that looking after you means that you will look after our customers. In addition to a great salary and bonus package, we're able to offer you:
- 25 days' holiday, plus bank holidays and the option to purchase a further 5 days
- Private healthcare, life assurance, and critical illness cover
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
In addition to our core package, we offer a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, give as you earn, and discounts on mobile contracts, TV & broadband packages, high street vouchers, hotel bookings and much more.
What's the next step?
Like the sound of what we have to offer? Feel you've got something to bring to the role? What are you waiting for? Apply today - we look forward to setting you on the road to success.
Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC is an inclusive employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'