Looking for a HR Business Support Administrator to work 22.5 hours a week.
Your new company
A reputable charity based in the heart of Barnard Castle
Your new role
- You will be required to closely with departments and assist line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
- Recruit staff - this includes developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing, scoring and selecting candidates;
- Develop policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Assist with negotiations with staff and their representatives on issues relating to pay and conditions;
- Maintain records relating to staff, such as appraisals, training, discipline, etc.
- Assist with grievances, redundancy and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Develop HR planning strategies with line managers, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels;
- Plan and deliver training, including inductions for new staff;
- Lead with the support of the senior management team in maintaining the museum's Investors in People status;
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with departmental managers;
- Lead and monitoring the museum health and safety administration.
- Assist the Head of Finance with regards general administrative duties associated with the operational and commercial management of the museum, this will include;
- Arrange meetings for the Head of Finance where required and taking minutes of meetings.
- Support the Head of Finance with the preparation and retention of documents where required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have significant experience within HR, require minimal supervision and have a go to attitude. Someone who is strategic, comprehensive and ambitious. Someone who ensures all tasks are completed to a very high standard. Having a CIPD qualification would be a huge advantage being part qualified will also be an asset.
What you'll get in return
Salary up to 19K (pro rata for 22.5 hours a week)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.