A laboratory based in Leamington Spa is seeking a HR Manager to join their busy operation.
To support the Senior HR Manager in delivering a high quality HR business partnering service to their particular client group, actively contributing to the effective implementation of the people strategy, priorities and wider organisational objectives.
The role will have a customer-centric approach with their clients and provide day to day client relationship management and service delivery on issues such as performance management, talent planning, employment law, D&I. The role will work closely with colleagues to ensure the staff needs are met and the Lab runs smoothly and delivers on target.
- Provide support to line supervisors/managers in the implementation of the Lab people plan, advising on key people processes (i.e. performance management, talent management, reward, job evaluation, L&D interventions).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Training and Resourcing to ensure that their client’s people plan requirements are factored into Resourcing and Training planning and activities, and that relevant advice is sought for clients as needed.
- Identify the capability gaps within their client group and work with colleagues in Training and Resourcing to advise on routes to build, borrow or buy capability as required.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to people issues within policy particularly where there is a financial, legal or reputational risk to the organisation - referring upwards to S-HRBP when necessary.
- Lead on their client’s employment relations cases working with the In house Recruitment team, using their expert advice and guidance to ensure the best outcome
- Provide S-HRBP and clients with agreed monthly people related management information (bespoke and generic), contributing to reporting on HR SLA’s and KPI’s as required.
- Undertake face to face discussions with leavers on escalated cases to identify issues/risks, take follow up action as appropriate.
Change and programme initiatives
- Support and manage the HR aspect of organisational change programmes in line with the relevant policies, and in collaboration with S-HRBP where appropriate.
- Project manage or contribute to a variety of strategic initiatives working across functional boundaries if required.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of the People strategy and priorities, working closely with colleagues to implement associated initiatives.
- Support the SHRBP in the delivery of cyclical exercises/programmes (e.g. annual pay award modelling)
- Support investigations and/or represent HR at appeal meetings for areas outside own responsibility*
- Accountable for delivering, facilitating, reviewing and developing on boarding, including activities
- Support HR colleagues in delivering day to day business activity
- Coach/mentor HR Advisers.
- Suggest ways in which to enhance HR effectiveness and efficiency and take the lead in implementing these
- Support training colleagues and co-deliver training
- Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are communicated to colleagues and adhered to
Key outputs and deliverables
- Role model exceptional customer service
- Evidence support during the implementation of the directorate’s people plan
- Investigation reports/completed, risk managed ER cases*
- Facilitate/support training events
- Deliver agreed HR initiatives to time/budget
- Contribution to/completion of internal continuous improvement initiatives
- Produce core monthly directorate management information; management of HR SLAs and KPIs
- Recognised as champion of change and promoting Lab as a great place to work.
Specific skills and capabilities
- CIPD qualified (or working towards qualification)
- Stakeholder management - experience of partnering dedicated business areas, advising on generic HR/people related matters
- Ability to deliver HR/people related training/development events
- Analytical skills - ability to extract management information, analyse and interpret the data utilising Excel as appropriate and make balanced recommendations on findings
- Employee relations management - confident in management of ER cases with ability to recognise key risks and provide commercial, risk-based advice to line managers*
- Communication - able to communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner using a range of media
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting priorities, exercise sound judgement, anticipate issues and respond quickly to emerging people matters
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, discretion and use initiative
- Interest in/commitment to advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda
- Commercial knowledge - broad understanding of business operations - and awareness of the wider external/internal factors affecting the Lab agenda
- Strong team-working and customer-focus ethic
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, factory or distribution centre
- Continuous Improvement
- Management Information
- Strategic Initiatives
- Talent Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'