- Are you an experienced People Partner that can be available on short notice?
- Do you have strong casework experience?
- Do you have experience of managing complex people issues, ideally in a unionised environment?
If yes, then I would like to speak to you!
My client, a London-based University, are looking for three HR Business Partners to join the organisation. These positions are available on 3-6 month fixed-terms contracts but will have the opportunity to go permanent.
I have worked with this client on multiple occasions and I can't speak highly enough of the hiring manager. They are an inspirational leader and a great person to learn from.
Why work for this client?
- Prestigious University
- Excellent benefits package
- 27 days annual leave + Bank holidays - (this will be on a pro-rata basis)
- Great work/life balance
What do the staff think?
"Prestigious organisation. Casual environment. Excellent work/life balance. Central London location. Access to facilities such as facilities, gyms, etc."
- Current employee
As a People Partner, you will be responsible for aligning the vision and the people. You will work as a consultant to management across the spectrum of HR issues. The successful People Partner acts as an employee champion and change agent, assessing the people impacts of the client area's goals, anticipating HR-related needs.
The People Partners work as a team to bring business issues into the HR function, collaborating with specialist teams to develop integrated solutions to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the objectives of the University.
You will expected to carry out the following:
- Contribute to the resource planning with Faculties and Departments, supporting the management teams in the implementation of consistent people plans, HR processes and polices and HR initiatives.
- Collaborate with the various HR service teams to ensure the implementation of an effective and aligned HR Service delivery, being the main contact for all people issues concerns in their business area.
- Support the delivery of the annual and transactional HR processes linked to the employee life cycle, including Performance Management, Reward and Talent Management.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of key HR projects and interventions aligned to performance improvement or business change outcomes.
- Undertake ad hoc project work to support the Faculties and Departments to achieve change initiatives.
- Work with managers to help them understand the leadership framework and how it impacts all people processes.
- Coach and support Managers on how to implement the framework in their team.
- In partnership with the OD function, build the capability of managers and supervisors through coaching and appropriate interventions to assist them to maximise potential and consistently raise the bar on performance.
- Coach Managers on the development of Personal Development Plans
- Advise on reward and remuneration issues, including secondments, promotions, etc. and ensure that due process is followed. Involve Pay and Reward teams where appropriate.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on all informal performance related issues, performance improvement, and terminations. Coach line managers to be confident and effective with lower level disciplinary and capability issues.
What you will need to succeed
- CIPD or equivalent
- Experience of working in a complex, highly ambiguous, matrixed organisation
- Experience of working in a specialist area of HR - OD, L&D, Reward, Policy, ER
- Experience of managing complex people issues, ideally in a unionised environment
- Experience of managing people
These three opportunities are available immediately so if you wish to proceed, please contact me ASAP on or email toProTax is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- ("HR Business Partner" or HRBP or "Senior HR Business Partner")
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'