This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our passionate and knowledgeable team as the Human Resource’s Business Partner (HRBP). This exciting role will see you using your influencing and coaching skills to work collaboratively with managers to drive appropriate behaviours through the business. We will encourage you to think differently, set ambitious goals for yourself and the team, and work with management to improve organisational effectiveness.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as HRBP you will;
- Partner with your internal stakeholders to advise and work on; succession planning, people review, recruitment and development – just to name a few!
- Coach and mentor managers with HR practices
- Build working relationships with your stakeholders over various business sites
- Deal with Trade Union representatives
- Update policies and procedures
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the HRBP specifically it is important that you have:
- The HR knowledge and understanding of the processes
- The confidence to influence and communicate with managers – up to a director level
- Excellent team player skills to support your direct team as well as the overall business
- The confidence with making decisions and judgements
- An understanding and experience of building good working relations
- A full UK driving licence - as occasional travel to other sites will be required
It would also be advantageous if you had the following, but is not essential:
- Change management experience
- Come from a manufacturing background – or something similar
- A CIPD qualification, or working towards
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for British Gypsum - part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based drylining systems and products; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, British Gypsum is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within British Gypsum or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job