Civil Nuclear Constabulary
HR Business Partner
Based at Summergrove, Cumbria
Fixed Term Appointment until 28th January 2019
Salary: up to £44k depending on skills and experience, plus flexi time, 27 days holiday, Christmas closure and a fantastic pension
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary is a specialist armed police service with a critical task.
We safeguard national security, constantly protecting fourteen sites across the UK and their associated civil nuclear material.
In the People Performance team we provide pragmatic operational HR support to all levels of management in line with our coporate approach, procedures and legal requirements.
We aim to provide a proactive and professional service that adds value to the organisation.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and committed HR professional to join our team. This is an exciting time to join us as we’re moving towards a more business partnering approach. So you could be looking for your next step in HR or you could be a more experienced professional who is looking to develop further in a unique organisation.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to:
- Build strong, professional relationships with Management teams and regularly participate in Senior Management Team meetings
- Provide advice and support to Managers on all Employee Relations issues in line with Constabulary procedures including disciplinary, grievance and sickness absence issues
- Raise and improve managers awareness of current and new employment legislation as well as other corporate initiatives
- Be an excellent communicator verbally and in writing. You need to feel comfortable presenting in front of others
- Analyse and identify statistical trends and proactively address issues raised within the region
- Demonstrate your experience of complex ER casework
- Have worked or be willing to work in a regional or multisite role involving regular travel and staying away from home
- Have excellent employment law knowledge
- Manage two members of staff remotely and work collaboratively with colleagues on different sites
- Be self motivated with excellent organisation skills
- Be MCIPD level 7 or working towards this level.
To fulfill this role, you must be able to travel on a regular basis to other CNC sites.
If this role is of interest and you have recent demonstrable experience in the majority of the above or are seeking a next step and can demonstrate a positive attitude to development and some of the above then please apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 23rd March 2018
Short listing w/c 26th March 2018
Interviews to take place at Culham, Oxfordshire on 12th April