Our client, a leader in the Public sector is recruiting for a HR Business Partner vacancy based in Exeter on a temporary basis for three months initially. The working hours for the post are based on a 37 hour week. The rate for the position is very competitive dependent upon experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Understanding the business areas, their strategies and plans and barriers to sustainable high level performance
* Driving business performance through creation and delivery of HR strategy and solutions which minimise waste and optimise value
* Designing and delivering internal projects in conjunction with HR and communications colleagues to drive employee engagement
* Developing recruitment and succession plans in line with the business strategy to replace and develop staff at all levels
* Working with managers, to design and implement the learning and development plans to address key areas of need and align staff skill
* Encouraging managers to have clear discussions with staff about their development needs and participate in designated support programmes
* Ensuring that the organisation is making the best use of its resources at all times including managing recruitment
* Working with managers to quickly resolve individual performance, capability, health and conduct issues
* Ensuring managers are aware of market factors that impact on the attraction, engagement, retention, development and performance
* Supporting, developing and coaching managers support them to resolve complex employee relations issues
* Leading on consultations and foster constructive working relationships with trades unions and employee forums as appropriate
The successful candidate must be qualified to CIPD Level 7 or equivalent qualifications and have extensive experience in a generalist Human Resources role preferably in a public sector setting.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.