A UK National or UK resident with experience in Personnel Management / Recruiting and Administration with a good knowledge of UK Employment Law, personnel policies and procedures. A formal qualification in Human Resources Management would be an advantage. Post holder will also provide support to colleagues working directly with personnel recruited for roles in the UK.
The incumbent must be robust and be able to work in a fast moving and demanding environment. This position would suit applicants who have had previous experience in a large commercial business with structured HR processes and policies. The incumbent will have had previous experience in the role of Human Resources Generalist / Recruiter or a very similar position and be able to demonstrate their complete understanding of the position. The incumbent will be required to obtain security clearances to work on various sites.
Excellent planning & organisational skills.
Experience of dealing with Trade Unions is desirable
Experience in all stages of the recruitment process
Manage redundancy process
Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
Good communication skills and an ability to deal with employees on every level throughout the business unit.
Proactive and self-motivated approach.
Excellent IT skills.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage TUPE consultation process & engage with Trade Union / Staff Reps.
- Provide guidance to UK based Line Management regarding the interpretation and application of Human Resources policies and procedures whilst keeping abreast of current employment law issues.
- Assist Management in managing or counselling personnel with performance, personal issues or discipline problems of theatre based personnel.
- Provide advice to Management and oversee disciplinary actions, including investigation of allegations of misconduct, developing letters of allegation, disciplinary hearings, appeals and grievances, and drafting and safekeeping of related letters and documents.
- Support Line Managers in conducting peer reviews of staff at risk and oversee any redundancy process.
- Initiate amendments to salary and staffing positions, ensuring that appropriate approvals are received from budget holders.
- Process resignations and terminations and ensure all relevant procedures are followed.
- Experience in all aspects of the recruitment process
- Strong capability of using social media
- Experience in behavioural and competency based interviewing
- Use the Taleo and applicant tracker to place vacancy requisitions
- Liaise with managers regarding their staffing requirements and provide guidance and support in recruitment activities
- Ability to draft job descriptions
- Review forwarded CV’s
- Coordinate with Security to ensure that the candidates meet project specific criteria
- Interviewing candidates with Managers using behavioural and competency based interview techniques
- Coordinate induction and on-boarding orientation
Staff Administration and Compliance
- Maintain records and details of leave and sick leave, start and termination of personnel in relation to providing input to payroll;
- Manage the medical process ensuring all KBR UK staff have in date medicals and arrange annual medicals as required. Follow up with referral cases as necessary.
- Actively manage maternity and paternity cases within GS.
- Manage sick leave business process (particularly long term sick leave) by ensuring the receipt of doctors’ notes, liaising with the employees’ doctor or specialist and referral to the company doctor to determine fitness to return to work or terminate employment on medical grounds.
- Complete all data entry into the HRIS system for payroll purposes including new hires, employee changes and terminations
- Ensure that all records relating to engagement and pay matters are processed correctly and retained for compliance purposes.
- Liaise with payroll to resolve pay queries and overpayments.
- Review the Business Unit HR email address daily and respond accordingly to any queries or enquires
- Any other related duties requested by management.
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Recruitment Process
- HR Policies
- TUPE transfers