My client is a major national charity who are looking to hire a HR Business Partner for the retail arm of their business to be based out of London.
- Works in partnership with the Managing Director, Heads of Function and the Regional Managers to maximise business and individual performance by designing, developing and implementing best practise HR solutions that meet current and future needs
- Provides professional, effective and customer focused HR expertise across the regions to support the delivery of the Retail Strategy i.e. talent management, succession planning, recruitment, performance management, training and development, reward and recognition.
- Leads the Learning and Development function, ensuring that all levels of the organisation are trained and developed to support the Retail Strategy.
- Works with the Regional Teams to proactively plan recruitment in relation to manpower needs; designs and develops the most cost effective recruitment and selection solutions for the management population based on the competency framework
- To be pragmatic in understanding the priority and importance of people management issues, not to over rely on a textbook, purist approach.
- Actively supports/monitors the induction process and provides guidance and coaching at management level
- Drives the understanding and application of a consistent and fair performance management process across the regions based on performance competencies and potential; ensures consistency in the rating of performance and potential at management level through guidance/coaching/measurement clarity
- Provides guidance and support on all volunteering issues ensuring a clear strategy for volunteer recruitment and retention
- Ensures performance /potential measurement is linked to personal development/improvement plans i.e. those rated as low performance /potential and those with medium to high performance/potential have the appropriate action plans in place and are actively managed by the Regional Managers
- Raises the profile of performance management ensuring it is on the agenda of all the Operation meetings
- Works with the Managing Director, Heads of Function to establish processes to monitor, analyse and proactively influence employee KPI measures in order to identify and deliver actions ( retention, turnover, absenteeism )
- Ensures the consistent and fair application of pay and reward across the business
- Provides advice, education and coaching on employee relation issues to ensure compliance with business values, the guiding principles and legal requirements; manages, investigates and provides a consultative service on all disciplinary matters.
- Works with the Regional Training Manager’s to identify the company/regional training needs and prioritises these in relation to the business/regional and HR plans; delivers selected training programmes.
- Provides coaching and development to the Heads of Function/Regional Managers to effectively manage people ensuring self sufficiency e.g. performance management, employee relations
- Works with the central HR team to identify the need for enhanced HR practises and procedures in line with the wider priorities; shares and develops best practise in the common interest of the charity
- To provide leadership in the effective use and local implementation of the HR database.
- To advise and help line managers through the process of a change management exercise which could include hours reductions or making redundancies.
- Leads the Staff Forum and actively supports the implementation of companywide business initiatives
- Actively participates in two way communication sharing and exchanging relevant and timely information with the Retail Teams, Head Office personnel and all external providers
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- Experience in retail, hospitality or other fast paced environments
- CIPD qualified or a relevant academic/vocational qualification
- This role will be based at the Head Office in London and may require occasional travel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job