HR Business Partner FTC - Boots Opticians
*PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A FIXED TERM CONTRACT THAT IS ANTICIPATED TO LAST UNTIL DECEMBER 2020*
This opportunity offers the chance to join one of the UK’s most established and well known retailers as we embark on a period of exciting change and transformation.
Reporting into our Head of HR for Boots Opticians, you will champion HR practices and partner with the functional leadership teams to drive the people agenda.
Able to work on your own initiative and an ability to build credibility with ease, you will gain a deep understanding of these functions, enabling you to drive culture and accountability to support and deliver the commercial strategy via a robust people plan and talent agenda.
• In conjunction with the Head of HR, create a people plan for the function that enables it to achieve its in-year objectives.
• Contribute to the creation and delivery of a 3 year People Plan across the function and play a key role to deliver it through leaders within the function.
• Combine a deep understanding of the function with external insights and knowledge of best practice and internal people metrics to identify, develop and deploy highly effective people interventions and solutions.
• Build strong relationships with HR colleagues in other partnering teams, and the Centres of Excellence to ensure a joined up approach across the function and to bring insight about wider business activities to each business area.
• Deliver a range of HR solutions for each business area that are tailored and appropriate to the specific business areas, including:
• The embedding of Leadership skills and behaviours and the development of wider capability through the Leadership and Support Office Academies
• Development of robust Talent and Succession Plans at all levels
• Support on manpower planning, organisational design and change initiatives
• Contracting with the Centres of Excellence to deliver Recruitment, L&D, ER/Policy, Reward and communications & engagement solutions
• Coach, support and influence leaders on all people issues and the overall people agenda. By providing effective advice and interventions, hold the leadership team to account for effective leadership of their people.
A bit about you…
• CIPD Membership (or equivalent experience)
• Exceptional partnering skills with the ability to influence and build big and trusted relationships across a wider and varied stakeholder network
• HR Generalist experience with previous exposure to Reward, Organisation Design, Talent and Succession.
• ER expertise and the ability to manage multiple complex cases
• Previous experience of business transformation highly desirable
• Proven capability to manage and deliver projects end to end, within project management frameworks and using key tools such as project plans, risks & issues logs etc
• Highly adaptable, comfortable working with ambiguity, resilient and able to demonstrate high moral courage, gravitas and confidence, with a significant delivery focus
• Understanding of key business drivers and how to create HR deliverables that add value
• Strong knowledge of trends, ideas and innovation in HR and how to apply them appropriately to business context
• Able to use a range of people and business data to diagnose, interpret and evaluate people risks and opportunities.
• Experience of facilitation and coaching
A bit about us…
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK and we’re still growing.
We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'