We are looking for an experienced Generalist HR Business Partner to join our client in the Brighton Area. You will work with the senior leadership teams to develop, influence, lead and deliver the ‘people and organisation plan’.
As well as supporting the functions in head office the role will also be responsible for engaging the business to ensure that the HR service and approach is appropriate for the different business being supported.
You will ensure that HR services are delivered to the business area whilst maintaining an independent organisational-wide corporate perspective and you will need to work in partnership with the HR team in Modular. You will also lead on all HR project implementations for the Business area.
- Help create a people and organisation plan that supports the business requirements and is in line with cost and income targets for the business units
- Support the organisation wide focus on talent management and development, including the facilitation of the relevant business areas talent , succession and capability planning activity
- Support the annual cycle of people activity, including pay review; performance calibration and employee survey as appropriate to business sectors
- Provide proactive support and challenge to the senior management team on all aspects of people and organisation development and contribute to the business plan.
- Support the delivery of the learning and development strategy working with the relevant business leadership and the ‘Leadership, Talent and Learning Centre of Excellence’ to oversee appropriate development interventions.
- Provide cost effective HR solutions to the business on employee engagement, organisational design/ restructuring, talent and succession management, learning & development, performance management and resource planning
- Set a framework and metrics for the business unit to ensure that business transformation programmes involving people and organisational design improve the efficiency and effectiveness of individual business units
- Ensure that HR solutions within the Business units represent an appropriate balance between external market practice and internal policy and practice.
- Ensure that individual and team performance across the Business units are owned and managed by the business line and facilitate/drive where necessary, a move towards a high performing organisation
- With the support of the Reward Centre of Excellence, develop and implement appropriate reward strategies for the divisions and relevant business.
- Ensure Employee Relations within the Business Unit is managed appropriately for the division and entities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the overall Divisional People Plan, through active participation and by leading people programme projects when appropriate/necessary.
- Engage with Business partners /Joint ventures so that synergies are sought and to ensure that there is effective oversight or HR risk and practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
Experience of working in ideally a Financial Services or Blue Chip environment is a strong advantag eto the role
Experience of dealing with appropriate HR plans , strategies and infrastructure that meets the need of the business sector and within Group governance.
Experience of recruiting and developing high performance leadership team in different industries
Understanding of people development methodologies and current best practice
Understanding of change management models and how to successfully lead people through change
Understanding of OD techniques and how they can be employed to drive organisational and cultural change
Sound understanding of employment law, generic HR policies and procedures
Understanding of project management techniques
CIPD or management qualification preferred
Experience of leading organisational change with a focus on business re-organisation
Influencing senior leaders on HR matters and linking this to business strategy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job